• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust clamp bolts

dirk

Extreme
I got one of three out easily, the other two were quite the struggle and one is now in two pieces. What can I use instead of oem hardware?

Well I've already got the copper donuts coming and read about taking some material off the spacers so they clamp tighter. Trying to not go to the dealer of possible.

dirk said:
Well I've already got the copper donuts coming and read about taking some material off the spacers so they clamp tighter. Trying to not go to the dealer of possible.

Taking material of the clamps spacer will only make it pull down tighter on that side and give you a clamp that is not pulling up evenly on both sides. It will pull the clamp down on that side and the clamp will be out of round.

And the SledToyz donuts (if that's what you ordered) are already slightly thicker than the Graphite which has a similar effect.

Yes I did order the sledtoyz donuts. So I don't need the updated clamps? and can I use a regular 8.8 grade bolt instead of the oem Allen heads?

The only issue with a non-Allen head bolt will be fitting on the clamp. Hex head is too wide. Other than that there is nothing special about the Yamaha bolt.

Got my Sled Toyz copper exhaust donuts installed lastnight. Thanks for the excellent service! FYI a regular 10mm head bolt fits just fine, even had room for a washer.

Back