• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust donut replacement

cr8zybaby

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 attak gt
About to tear into my attack GT to do the exhaust donuts which I have. Should I buy new bolts and possibly new clamps??
Anyone have any experience with this? I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I'm trying to be fully prepared because as we all know it's a big job just to replace those little donut thingies LOL
Thank you

A torch with a brazing tip comes in handy as does pre spraying with a good penetrating oil. So far only needed to replace a bolt on a clamp that I stripped the head on between brothers 2 rx sleds and the couple of apex we have.

Thank you sir I was thinking I maybe should purchase a couple of bolts in it and maybe one or two clamps just to be sure I don't want to have to wait for parts put it back together

replace all the allen headed bolts with socket head.

And get copper donuts, so you're not doing it again in 2000 miles.

For mine, the pipes were slightly damaged due to purchasing my 202 off of "Dealer maintained" guy....lol

So when i replaced my donuts, the clamps basically bottom out and that should make everything snug. Two did and two didn't. So i had the grind tiny tiny bits off and retry them each about 4 times so that when they bottomed out they had a snug feeling. once they bottom out, any more crazy wrench twisting will just snap the head of and then you'll be cursing for sure. good luck.

good tip firedawg1998. i ground mine until they grabbed so that they could not turn when i pushed on the bolts and mine was covered with lube at the time.

And get copper donuts, so you're not doing it again in 2000 miles.
Are the copper ones ok with the titanium exhaust?? Hope so cuz it's done lol. Just wondering cuz someone on a FB page said that the flanges would fail and that I need the stainless exhaust.
I'm gonna send er anyway lol
Just curious if you have any input
Thanks cr8zybaby

They will be fine I put some in my 07 Attak 4-5 years ago and still going strong for the guy I sold it to .

They will be fine I put some in my 07 Attak 4-5 years ago and still going strong for the guy I sold it to .
Thanks I needed that cuz I don't wanna be doing that again anytime soon

The Ti pipes only fail/break if the donuts wear out to the point where the headers and mid pipes rub and rattle against each other.

The Ti pipes only fail/break if the donuts wear out to the point where the headers and mid pipes rub and rattle against each other.
That's what I was thinking,I started hearing a backfire and a little louder but it was my last ride of last season. Only two donuts were missing pieces of them so I think I'm good..
Can't wait to ride again,put some risers on and getting my front shocks rebuilt plus led headlights. I'm glad it's done, when I was in there I found the steering was loose and fixed that too. SEND IT

Back