• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Apex Reborn

SugarCampApex

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX LE, 2006 Apex GT
I knew my 2006 Apex (almost 15,000 miles) was in need of some work:
image5.jpeg

it wouldn't idle decently and after reading posts on this site I knew it needed a valve adjustment
image6.jpeg
the track was worn out
image3.jpeg

and the exhaust donuts needed replacement, just to name the major items! The problem I had was that I didn't know of any place locally where I could get these major tasks done so I reached out to MrSled. He happened to have an opening in his schedule to work on my Apex. He went over and above in rehabbing it and finding many more things that needed repair that I was unaware, including a tiny pin-hole leak in the front heat exchanger
image1.jpeg

caused be a loose track stud, a broken y-pipe,
image4.jpeg

a crack in the silencer, a bulkhead crack, secondary buttons, a crack on the gauge pod and a small seat tear!

Not to mention: track replacement (and new shaft bearings and chain and greaser to the speedo bearing),
image2.jpeg

new slides, oil change, spark plugs, new copper donuts, replacement of some bogey bearings and carbides! Fabricated a new bracket for my "nitrous" button,
image0.jpeg

repaired some wiring, and fabbed a bracket for the headlight adjuster!

image0 (1).jpeg

I can't thank him enough! He went above and beyond what was need to get this sled ready for the season. I can't wait for the first ride!
Thanks again MrSled!

It's like you took the 'ole girl to a Snowmobile SPA!
Tom the Blade aka: MrSled has probably ripped these things apart at least 1000 times if not more.
Like me, every time i touch them or open them up i look for certain things.
It's like hookin' up with an old girlfriend.....i know what to expect.....then i want to ride 'em.....then i go back to my new, less used younger stuff

SLEDS that is!

P.S: I still have 3 at my house right now. I start them every week just to listen to that SWEET SOUND

Nice that sled will last you a long long time, just curious what rpm its idling now after the adjustments?

Nice that sled will last you a long long time, just curious what rpm its idling now after the adjustments?

1500 RPM but it will only get to that point once its completely warmed up.

Thanks everyone!!

View attachment 163578

it wouldn't idle decently and after reading posts on this site I knew it needed a valve adjustment
View attachment 163576,
the track was worn out
View attachment 163572
and the exhaust donuts needed replacement, just to name the major items! The problem I had was that I didn't know of any place locally where I could get these major tasks done so I reached out to MrSled. He happened to have an opening in his schedule to work on my Apex. He went over and above in rehabbing it and finding many more things that needed repair that I was unaware, including a tiny pin-hole leak in the front heat exchanger View attachment 163573
View attachment 163574
a crack in the silencer, a bulkhead crack, secondary buttons, a crack on the gauge pod and a small seat tear!

Not to mention: track replacement (and new shaft bearings and chain and greaser to the speedo bearing),
View attachment 163575
new slides, oil change, spark plugs, new copper donuts, replacement of some bogey bearings and carbides! Fabricated a new bracket for my "nitrous" button,
View attachment 163577

View attachment 163579
I can't thank him enough! He went above and beyond what was need to get this sled ready for the season. I can't wait for the first ride!
Thanks again MrSled!

Your very welcome!! I try to go above and beyond. I like to see smiles and happiness :)

Last edited:
View attachment 163578

View attachment 163576,
the track was worn out
View attachment 163572
and the exhaust donuts needed replacement, just to name the major items! The problem I had was that I didn't know of any place locally where I could get these major tasks done so I reached out to MrSled. He happened to have an opening in his schedule to work on my Apex. He went over and above in rehabbing it and finding many more things that needed repair that I was unaware, including a tiny pin-hole leak in the front heat exchanger View attachment 163573
View attachment 163574

View attachment 163575
View attachment 163577

View attachment 163579
Thanks again MrSled!
Ok where do we get the greaser? Not that the bearing is difficult to change but can be time consuming to grease. Do you remove the outer bearing seal when this is installed. I did a quick Google search but came up with only threads on here.

1500 RPM but it will only get to that point once its completely warmed up.

Thanks everyone!!

Your very welcome!! I try to go above and beyond. I like to see smiles and happiness :)
Tom great job makes me miss my 06 Apex.or maybe I just miss being 17 yrs younger. Hmmmmmm in any case I loved that sled for 14 k+ miles

Back