• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Donuts, Y-Pipes B.O.!!!!

NB-Snowgoer

My '06 Attak has been down for a week because of ex. donuts and a left Y-pipe. Was talking to dealer close by and the donuts are B.O. until March 14! The pipe is B.O. too but no date on that. I don't want to be down another weekend all because one ex. donut failed. Any dealer in Can or US have anything in stock? If I wait until March I might as well put the sled away for the rest of the year. Ican get away with just one donut for now and I would see if I can get the pipe welded. My garage is full of Yami products and have had excellent luck with the brand, but this really frustrates me. Personally, I really think Yamaha should put out a recall to
make there customers happy especially when you're talking $80 for donuts and $350 for one Y-pipe. Anyways, if there is any dealers out there that can help me out with parts it would be greatly appeciated.

i feel your pain...I was lucky enough they were instock when i did mine last month....

Id love to see a change in design here,but i highly doubt it....i think we need to come up with our own solution.....some say the rx1 Y pipes were tougher and can be lengthened to fit apex...the donut is still a week area though.

Dan

How can you tell the difference from the Right Y-pipe to the Left one? I know I have one used Y-pipe but I'm not sure which one.

Also, my dealer changed the Donuts 2 weeks ago and had no problem getting them. Maybe better check with another dealer in your area.

Yummy

I have a very nice set of used ones. Only one shows any wear if anyone is interested...

GW

fedeorou5549, I'll give them a call, Thanks

yummy, right has more of a bend then the left one I think. There is none around the area because the same dealer owns multiple places. Can't even set me upwith a used donut gasket.

gkw, I'll send u a pm, thanks

I agree with NB-Snowgoer, Yamaha needs to issue a recall or update on the right side y-pipe and donuts. Last night my buddy came over complaining about his loud exhaust on his 05 RX-1. I took the exhaust apart and found both donuts on the right side completely gone and the left side was starting to wear out slightly. The y-pipe flange on the right side ground itself down due to metal to metal contact. The parts alone are going to cost him over $400 not to mention all the cases of beer he will owe me for fixing it for him. IMHO this will not be an isolated occurance and ALL RX-1, Apex, and Attaks will at some point experience this problem. Pretty expensive design failure don't you think. So what are the rest of us with newer sleds suppose to do... replace the donuts every year when we change the oil???

Exhaust

I have a complete exhaust that i just took off of an 07 rtx I'll ck the condition and if anyone is interested they can let me know.

Thanks

Check with any performance shops that install turbos. They have to replace the stock exhaust system and often have the parts you need laying around.
Thats how I got mine.

exhaust

I called performance shops today and found one for mine, customer service
told me y-pipes are back ordered until june, i called customer service back and
told them i found one, they said go get it and they would take care of
it,so that made my day!!

-UPDATE- Well after 2 or 3 days of phone calls and emails,I have enough new parts to get my sled up and running for the weekend... that is if my y-pipe shows up tomorrow. There is some parts still around if anybody needs donuts or a y-pipe. If you do just pm me and I'll see if I can help.

Gees Snowgoer, Are you thinking openning a shop?

I'm glad you have found your missing parts!

This site is great to get help.

Back