• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust help

Chrisj

Just even traded my wifes 09 500ss Mxz for a 2009 Nytro RTX with MBRP header and exhaust, The guy cracked the header pipe and said it needed to be welded. I drove 6 hrs to get the sled and found an Excell header online on the way forsale so I picked it up so I could just change it and ride. I got the Excell header on and the MBRP can seem to be to long and won't mount up. I noticed on the Excell website that there isn't any spring holders on their header so now I don't know if this is an Excell header or not. Can someone with the know how figure this out for me? would be very much appreciated. Here's the pics.

Excell header spring mounts (I'm not sure if it's EXCELL)

photo5_zpsb1028d33.jpg

photo10_zpsb0a8d361.jpg

Gap between muffler mount with MBRP can.

photo6_zpsad3c15c3.jpg

photo7_zpsa75449e4.jpg

photo8_zpse835dfd0.jpg

MBRP header that broke

photo-1_zpsaebca74a.jpg

The Sled

photo9_zps079b21d4.jpg

photo2_zpse49f2641.jpg

Looks like you got the header which is to be used with the excell silencer (full system), hence the spring mount and the pipe being centered in the tunnel.
Where as the stock asymmetrical pipe comes up on the clutch side of the hole.

Excell_Exhaust_System_for_Nytro.jpg

Does excell have 2 different header? Cause they say it will fit with any aftermarket exhaust.

Chrisj said:
Does excell have 2 different header? Cause they say it will fit with any aftermarket exhaust.

Yes they've got the stand alone header, for use with stock or aftermarket cans. And they've got the full system header, which I think you now own.

yox185 said:
Chrisj said:

Yes they've got the stand alone header, for use with stock or aftermarket cans. And they've got the full system header, which I think you now own.

Of course leave it to me to buy the wrong part. Lol

Think its fairly easy to modify this one to fit?

I don't know about modification, I'm sure it could probably be done. Give Excell a call he'll tell you if its possible.

Back