• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Suddenly Got LOUD On 2007 Attak GT! - Questions

snomobubl

Extreme
I heard some rattling like a clamp or bracket was loose after start up and then my 2007 Attak GT got very loud! Sounds like it is in exhaust leak in the middle of the exhaust system under the seat. I had the donuts done by the dealer at the end of last season under YES warranty and have only put on about 1,000 miles since so they shouldn't be the issue. The sound is not up front where the donuts typically leak.

Has anybody else had this issue? Common problem?

Is there a way to remove seat without doing the entire Rocker Dan Donut Procedure? Is there a post with pics on this?

Thanks!

Like straight pipe loud? I had a back fire once that blew the welds open on my muffler. It was like running a straight pipe. Crazy loud!

Broke the pipe right were it goes two into one, lift it off the ground should be able to see it from under the back. Took my pipe off had it welded with updated reinforcements. can do it all from under the seat, funny mine had the donuts changed last year too. Rivets were gone from support bracket figure that's what broke it. Bit of work but not expensive, nothing if you know a good mig welder

if you have a rattling sound good chance thats the clamps on your your pipes (where the donuts are)
Might have been dealer slipped up that changed them and didn't get the clamps on right.
do the leather glove over the end of the pipes trick to see if it stalls.
should tell you if you have a leek.
Check the tunnel protectors they may be loose giving you the rattle.
My buddy's 2009 in my shop waiting new y pipes right now. do to blow donuts.
other buddy's 07 did them in fall. same rattle sound, same under tunnel loud exhaust.

its possible that the center bolt that holds pipe to tunnel is loose. that would rattle.
its that loud exsaust that makes me think other wise.

Good luck and let us know what you fined

all the replys above could be correct!! I just had to putt new stainless pipes on a few weeks ago on my 07.

Don't feel bad. I did ss y pipes and copper dounts and within 100 miles it got loud and louder as the season went on. I have to tear it down again and hopefully see what went wrong.

jackback said:
Broke the pipe right were it goes two into one, lift it off the ground should be able to see it from under the back. Took my pipe off had it welded with updated reinforcements. can do it all from under the seat, funny mine had the donuts changed last year too. Rivets were gone from support bracket figure that's what broke it. Bit of work but not expensive, nothing if you know a good mig welder
x2 exactly where mine broke and the chunk that broke rattled around could be your problem. I also had mine welded up good as new.

Your pipe may look like this. Not sure if I lost the clamp before or after it broke.
Mig welder fixes it up just fine. Just careful on the heat setting as the metal is thin.

Attachments

• IMG-20130225-00059.jpg
    IMG-20130225-00059.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 141
steiner said:
Your pipe may look like this. Not sure if I lost the clamp before or after it broke.
Mig welder fixes it up just fine. Just careful on the heat setting as the metal is thin.
Had that exactly this fall.

Back