• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EXHAUST

MAMILLA

Extreme
Is it worth putting an aftermarket exhaust on an 07 apex se mountain. The sled is going to be stock no other mods.

It's worth it if you want some extra noise. Most aftermarket exhaust systems add quite a bit of noise over stock levels, so if you ride in an area that's 'sensitive' to noise, I would leave it. The other question is whether or not you want to install it yourself or not. Undertunnel exhausts can be a pretty technical install if you have to fabricate a tunnel cover like I did. You can get aftermarket exhausts that you don't have to make a cover for, but they're not undertunnel. You can also shave anywhere from 10 to 20 lbs off the rear end of your sled with an aftermarket exhausts, and you may pick-up a few horsepower as well. Good Luck!

Max ;):D

sounds good!

bummerman said:
Got the excell under tunnel on mine. Install was really easy. I just dropped the track and removed the seat to get to it. Its loud, but sounds great. You'll also drop a lot of weight with this mod as well. Here's a clip with it installed. (I also have the airbox modified)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXW8g665Js
>>
How about some pics of your hood mod? Not trying to hi jack post but looks good. I too have an under tunnel exhaust, cut a Hauck off so that it dumped uner the tunnel, weighed 4.5 lbs so I lost around 20 lbs from that alone. I would recommend it for the weight loss with a Boss seat you can loose near 30 lbs off the tail of the sled, thirty lbs. is a significant amount. Just imagine putting a 30 lb. weight on the bumper...do you think you'd feel it?

same here, excell under tunnel and boss, loud but light....I also did timbersled drop brackets,mountain machine 2 wheel kit, another 8 lbs.
:exc:

How about some pics of your hood mod? Not trying to hi jack post but looks good. I too have an under tunnel exhaust, cut a Hauck off so that it dumped uner the tunnel, weighed 4.5 lbs so I lost around 20 lbs from that alone. I would recommend it for the weight loss with a Boss seat you can loose near 30 lbs off the tail of the sled, thirty lbs. is a significant amount. Just imagine putting a 30 lb. weight on the bumper...do you think you'd feel it?

The extra pieces are off my buddies vector mtx and some mesh I found around the house. Its held on with zipties (sled stiches). Moved the pod to my handlebars and put wal-mart special lights on. Wired into the high beams so I can tur them off. Saved 10-15 lbs from removing the light pod. add the exhaust, boss seat, and mtn tamer I'm around 90 lbs savings. And yes you definately feel it.
Pod.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood.jpg

mods

Another idea for those of you compiling weight loss idea's, xxxmodrods.com has a poly carbonate hood that's all one piece including the dash and headlight area. They run around 250.00 allow you to remove the head light pod etc. and are lighter then stock hood and dash.
I think you could remove another 10-12 lbs with this set up and a single high powered light, mount the guages to the riser like you see on the above pics.
With this hood, Timbersled front Suspension,battery relocation and E-brake removal you can take 40 lbs off the nose of the Apex for around 1100.00, Now look at the rear end, Timber sled skid and Drop brackets 38 lbs, exhaust and seat 25 lbs., Rack 5lbs. and your at a total of:108 lbs If you wanna go for the tunnel option you loose another 16-20 lbs. but you can see the options we have anyways. I've given real weight loss numbers not inflated sales numbers.
I wish some one would give us an option to have a narrower tunnel for running a 15" track and narrower gas tank because the stock tank/tunnel is so wide it feel awkward....could be a lot friendlier and easier to manuver on with a different tank tunnel......just some thoughts....cheers!

yamahahaapex said:
hey maverick were you interested in an 07 air box mod? I got one on my 07 apex mtn

Yea! I found one on Ebay that MAMILLA turned me on to. I have not received it yet but it should be here soon and I'll try to report back on the quality and whether it improves performance or not. It modifies/vents the airbox cover.

maverick said:
yamahahaapex said:
hey maverick were you interested in an 07 air box mod? I got one on my 07 apex mtn

Yea! I found one on Ebay that MAMILLA turned me on to. I have not received it yet but it should be here soon and I'll try to report back on the quality and whether it improves performance or not. It modifies/vents the airbox cover.

Ya make sure you let me know how the intake does I am really thinking of getting one. If I can talk my wife into it. :die

I modded my air box the same way that guy did on ebay. He has three youtube vids of it. 1000km and strong, no hesitation, and def makes a power increase you can feel...all by opening the air box a touch.

It comes with a stainless steel plate, plastic vent and water proof filter. The hole is cut in a boomerang fashion located just in front of the headlights and before the hood. The plastic piece is laid over the hole with the filter on top and then the stainless steel over it and screwed or riveted down to the top of the air box lid. It is really quite simple to do but I chose to go this route since all the pieces that came with the kit looks professional. No backfires, missing or anything at all when the sled is completely warmed up but if its a bit cold it is a bit hesitant but once you ride for a minute or less it runs like a top.

Back