• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extended warranty

new4stroker

Expert
Okay. My sled is a year old. I passed up getting the $1000 extended warranty. I am sure that is a smart move as it will almost pay for two years insurance and plates. These sleds are well built and for $1000 I can probably get most things fixed. My only issue is the 1. Year Warranty. We only use sleds 4 to 6 months a year so a one year warranty is not right. It should be based on milage to be fair. Just my thoughts and sort of rant.

I know it was worth it for me 2 years ago my starter went out and if I did not have the "YES" it would of cost me over $1000 to get it replaced. But since I had the extended service it costme $75 it was well worth it and it was for 3 years and cost me $525 when iI bought the sled.

That was for the starter and the labor for the dealer to replace the starter.

Leno...if your dealer would charge you over $1000 to replace a starter then you need a new dealer....does that come with a jar of Vaseline?

MOTOR ASSY
8GC-81890-01-00 (replaces 8GC-81890-00-00) 1 $279.48

Over $700 for labor to replace a starter? WTF??? ....yeah ok....let me sign that work order...call me when it's ready. :o|

Get out of here? Really? Who the hell would desing a sled like that? LOL...but still, thats heavy. I had a motor out of an RX1 in 2 hours and I was a green at it...guess it depends on where ya live. I know labor rates around the city/burbs dealers here are ridiculous...

my yes warranty has paid for itself 3x..best $500 ive spent..

YES

If you turn over your sled every couple of years having the Y.E.S warranty it is like icing on the cake on the sale , you will get your money back with less headaches on the sale. ;)!

I agree, when i purchased my new nytro i had warranty and it wasnt too expensive for the extra 2 years. but then i put on my turbo and they refunded me very quickly.

Hey guys,

I have just purchased a new 2011 Apex. I live in Canada, and OUR cost for the additional 2 year Y.E.S warranty is 1000.00$.......I know, were gettin' screwed. My question to all my fellow American sledders is this. If you had to pay our Canadian price (1000$), would you have still bought the extended warranty?

I am not sure what to do. I can however tell you that if it only costs me 500.00$, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Comments please .....

cbcdan said:
Hey guys,

I have just purchased a new 2011 Apex. I live in Canada, and OUR cost for the additional 2 year Y.E.S warranty is 1000.00$.......I know, were gettin' screwed. My question to all my fellow American sledders is this. If you had to pay our Canadian price (1000$), would you have still bought the extended warranty?

I am not sure what to do. I can however tell you that if it only costs me 500.00$, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Comments please .....

why not call a dealer in america and buy it??? i bought mine over the phone.. and have had 4 different dealers do warranty work on my sled. so you dont have to take it to the dealer you purchased the warranty from..

Back