• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zurich vs YES

stunter1

Expert
Hey guys I just bought a new Phazer and want to add a warranty plan to it. I talked to my local dealer and he is pushing this "Zurich" warranty. He said its better than Yamaha's YES and way cheaper. He's right it's cheaper but I know that doesnt always mean better. A 60 month Zurich warranty for my sled would be $696 compared to a 4 year YES that I think was around $1200.

Anyone have any info, experience or knowledge of Zurich?

Would it be worth getting over YES?

I know you have to buy the extended warranty before the factory warranty runs up (March 24th for me) or else you have to pay the premium for a used sled as opposed the the new sled warranty price, but can I buy a 2 year warranty now and then buy the extra 3 years in 2 years before it runs up.

Thanks all!

Never heard of the zurich warranty but I know you can get a yes warranty off ebay for much less than that. You can get one from any yamaha dealer and there are dealers selling them on ebay. Also, I know with the YES you have to decide how many years you want and thats it, once you get it, you can't extend it.. At least thats what I was told when I got my YES warranty on my rhino..

I havent heard of the Zurich plan either. But--$1,200 for the YES is ridiculous. Check with Port Yamaha...MUCH lower in price for the YES plan.

thanks guys. The yamaha dealer talked like the Zurich was the best and biggest thing ever. I couldnt find one bit of info on it. Not a good sign. Im going to call Port Yamaha and see what it would cost me.

thanks again

I picked up a 4yr YES warranty from port yamaha for $500.00 back in dec. Thank god I did. My 09 nytro xtx needs a new exhaust(except muffler). That yes warranty just paid for itself

$1200 YIKES.. I told my local dealer I could get a 4 yr YES on line for $499 and asked him how much he would charge. I wound up paying $550. He's happy, I'm happy and I still deal thru my local dealer.. Give it a try. If you local dealer won't deal go someplace else.

I have warrranties from both companies, my dealer sold each of them to me for $550 for the 4 additional years. Says it doesn't make much difference which one of them, they are both good. He said he can twists Zurich's arm a little more, if something is questionable.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am still not sure what company I am going to go with. It may all depend on the cost since I havent heard anything great or terrible about either.

thanks again

Zurich is the bets warrenty company I have dealt with in the Automotive field Don't know about there powersports relm but in the Auto fiend it is the best warrenty

I'd be curious as to how the warranty will work regarding Zurich. Who decides what gets warranteed? In the case of a YES warranty, a rep from Yamaha had to look at my sled when the subframe bent...and then denied the claim.

How would Zurich Insurance handle the situation? Would they be more lenient? How about timeframe response? Will it take longer to get the authorization and repairs done?

But one more intriguing question would be...would Zurich Insurance offer a insurance policy that would cover both Canada and the U.S.? That could be a clincher for me if I would buy a sled down in the States and bring it up here to Canada...hmmm.

Grimm said:
I'd be curious as to how the warranty will work regarding Zurich. Who decides what gets warranteed? In the case of a YES warranty, a rep from Yamaha had to look at my sled when the subframe bent...and then denied the claim.

How would Zurich Insurance handle the situation? Would they be more lenient? How about timeframe response? Will it take longer to get the authorization and repairs done?

But one more intriguing question would be...would Zurich Insurance offer a insurance policy that would cover both Canada and the U.S.? That could be a clincher for me if I would buy a sled down in the States and bring it up here to Canada...hmmm.

In automotive, We look at the car call them with a quote they approve or deny the claim. In some circumstances they send there adjuster out for a review. Once they approve it we repair it and they pay us by Credit card. The customer pays a decductable and some taxes or fees that the contact may not cover.

Hope this helps! Like I said this is Automotive not Power sports I run a BMW repair shop www.JBEUROTECH.com

I have Zurich on my Apex, and I'm about due for exhaust donuts, I have 4369 miles on the sled, we will see how it goes.

Does anyone who uses Zurich have a copy of what the warranty covers and if so, can you post it?

Back