• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extro drivers question

enticeraised

Expert
Hey, the stealership put some extros on my drive shaft for me. They are both at the outer most edges of the holes in the track (very tight). Shouldn't they be centered in the holes or will that allow the track to float around too much??? :drink:

i do no there supposed to not slip but i would call around
i would think they should be centered
call people who sell them they would no
not all dealers no how to install ad ons correctly ive learned

That doesn't sound right. I put on Avids myself and had that same issue and then the track rubbed because it could walk. You want them almost touching the inner part of the windows so it can't walk around. It is very important to make sure the measurements are right otherwise things rub and your hyfax don't run true on the clips.

Inner part of the window or outer? If you have it on the inner part of the window the normal drivers(introvert lugs) on Mavericks don't contact the inner lugs properly.

When I first put mine together mine was like you explained the way yours to be now. I talked to several places including Avid. They said when you take out the inner introvert drivers the track doesn't want to stay centered if you run the extroverts in the middle of the windows. To much walking room! They recommended that I push the drivers closer together to each other almost pinching the inner part of the windows. This way with careful measurements you can force the track to run exactly where it should. Check the tunnel for rubbing and the drive lugs on the track next to the hyfax for even spacing. Another good way to see if your hyfax are running true is when your sled is on its side check to see if the hyfax is filling up the window all the way down.

I put my avids to the outside of the window, I think it was 1/4" of play when I was done. Track can only move 1/8" either way. 500 miles and all is well...

Back