• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Eye glasses fogging over.

1simpleton

Country
USA
Snowmobile
xtx
For the love of god can someone help me with my fogging issues? I need to wear glasses or else the trails are not going to be safe, I have your standard HJC full face helmet and am always having to run with the thing open to prevent my glasses from steaming up.
I have been told that I should go open face and get a pair of over the glasses goggles but do not want to throw down a bunch more money to find out I have the same problem. Have any of you ever rode with out the mouth cup in your helmet and does this help??

Braaaaap!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150222_092010_324.jpg
    IMG_20150222_092010_324.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 265

One of the best Anti fog I have found is mild liquid soap. Lightly coat both sides of the lenses and let dry 15 mins. Buff with good eye glass cloth and you should be good for 2-3 hours, I just take a small Aspirin bottle and fill it up and put it in my pocket. If we stop for lunch coat them up again. I would suggest the Ski -Doo Mod2 helmet but then your spending money!

I had the same problem with my HJC CL-14. Apparently I am quite a sweater in the helmet as it was always fogging up. Tried all kinds of coating stuff and an additional breath guard with no help. Finally got soft contacts and problem solved! I got the daily use and throw away kind and I only use them on the sled so the cost is low. This year I have been trying the bifocal soft contacts and they are even better. Good distance vision but I can see my GPS up close very clearly as well.

If you can wear contacts I would check it out.

Good Luck!

Steve :Rockon:

1simpleton the no fog does work as 2000SI-G said, but it all depends on you and how much heat you let off in your helmet, if you do let off a lot than the no fog will probably still fog up your glasses,
Maybe contacts is your best bet...

Way better without the mouth cup as you call it. I would still have issues when I stopped but glasses would clear once I started moving again. Now with modular I just raise the whole front when I stop and now I don't have any fogging issues.

I had the same problem with my glasses and I just started wearing contacts last week. It did seem nice not dealing with glasses while riding. I might look into the no fog mask for days when maybe I can't wear contacts and have to use glasses. I bought a nice klim balaclava, but I still had problems. If I could find a mask that could keep the heat and moisture away from my glasses then they probably wouldn't fog up on me. For now though I'm just going to use my contacts.

i run without the breath box in all my helmets other than my ckx sno cross style helmet. that is the only one I do not fog up with it in. all my hjc ones are removed.

I don't wear glasses but when my electric shield died yet again, I rolled up some electrical tape and taped that just under the middle of the shield to let in just a little air, just enough to keep the shield clear. If I use the the first click of the shield, it opens it way too much and freezes my face off. This trick opens it about 1/4".

Other than that, have you tried shaving cream? Works on mirrors and car interior glass very well.

I don't wear glasses but when my electric shield died yet again, I rolled up some electrical tape and taped that just under the middle of the shield to let in just a little air, just enough to keep the shield clear. If I use the the first click of the shield, it opens it way too much and freezes my face off. This trick opens it about 1/4".

Another trick for doing that is to get some of the smaller wooden clothes pins. Easy on/off, inexpensive and you get them in mass quantities....

This past weekend my heated shield died too. I took the extra cable on my helmet for the communicators I wasn't using and put it in between the shield and the helmet on the bottom. Worked OK - new heated shield on the way - ohmed out a 40 ohms - should be ~11.....

I have tried all the sprays, tricks, and even the low fog lenses and the only thing that has ever worked is the BRP Modular helmet. I have the modular 3 right now and haven't had any issues with fogging glasses with it. The only down side is if you're playing hard you'll get out of breath a little quicker. I'll never buy a different helmet.

Back