• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Factor this into your setup

4strknytro

Extreme
Good thing I knocked this out each morning. This is what was left when I got home. :o|

Attachments

• pics 107.JPG
    pics 107.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 65

I see you added the ice maker accessory to your Nytro. It comes in very handy for those "on the trail" parties.

Small dead blow hammer, required equipment for the trail. I have it easily accessible and knock the ice out whenever I stop for a break. Now all my riding friends do it as well and surprisingly my FX Nytro is no worse than all the Polaris I ride with in this department.

Tunnel encloser

I 'd also like to no where to get a tunnel encloser. Don't hear much about them up here in the frozen tundra. By the way 6-8 inches fresh snow forecast this weekend,... too bad! LoL :die :die

i found with my in tunnel exhaust i got less icing . the pipe kept it so hot all the snow melted off before it could even stick .

My brother and I removed his rails on the top (stud protectors) and it made a huge difference. I am pulling out all the extras this summer. Good to see you have the required equipment Rubber mallet!

I didn't buy one I made my own. But you can buy them from schmidt bros racing. Heres some pics of mine. I made mine in two pieces so I could place it on top of the rails and rivet them down. You can also go under the tunnel from what I've seen. I did post a pic on a thread somewhere showing how I don't get that snow build up anymore after a lonf ride. Hopefully this gives you so ideas.

Attachments

• sled tunnel 062.JPG
    sled tunnel 062.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 52
  • sled tunnel 062.JPG
    sled tunnel 062.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 82
  • sled tunnel 063.JPG
    sled tunnel 063.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 53
I just hammered about 20 pounds of ice of from the tunnel on my Nytro. Kind of a pain really. Will be looking to get rid of this issue over the summer.

You can see I'm running studs. I know somewhere somebody custom bent one up between the tunnel protectors,maybe that's the answer?

I know a lot of guys are using block off plates I installed one myself. I put it in to protect my Excell header from studs. I told Aaron Excell about the plate and he told me to remove it. He says you need snow hitting your exhaust to cool it, the pipe gets red hot when you're riding. Anyway I removed it so my seat wouldn't spontaneously combust and catch my #*$&@ on fire.

yox185 said:
I know a lot of guys are using block off plates I installed one myself. I put it in to protect my Excell header from studs. I told Aaron Excell about the plate and he told me to remove it. He says you need snow hitting your exhaust to cool it, the pipe gets red hot when you're riding. Anyway I removed it so my seat wouldn't spontaneously combust and catch my #*$&@ on fire.

It seems that when all that snow hits it freezes that snow to ice and then it just keeps packing in. Anyways I have never had a problem with my plate. Nothing hasn't melted yet. But I also painted the inside of the exhaust encloser with hi-temp paint for a pre-caution measure. If your really worried about the heat from header and exhaut can, get them ceramic coated or wrapped.

I really don't understand why you need snow to cool it. Sounds to me that there a problem then. All exhausts get hot. Even a two stroke gets hot and there under the hood. There isn't that much snow or air hitting that exhaust to cool it. So confused on his theroy.

Back