• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Factory turbo, oil problem!!! WARNING!!!

Why wouldn't they put the check ball/spring on the vent to air box line then? To block the oil from escaping the air/oil box...
Or is the the check ball your referring to directly below the air box outlet? It's tough to tell in the diagram....

Why wouldn't they put the check ball/spring on the vent to air box line then? To block the oil from escaping the air/oil box...
Or is the the check ball your referring to directly below the air box outlet? It's tough to tell in the diagram....

The check ball is below the inlet line from the top of the tank.
During normal engine operation there is air escaping out of the top of the oil tank and blowing it down on to the check ball keeping it open. They are not able to move the check ball over to the outlet that goes in to the air box, because the escaping air flow would blow the check ball closed. This in turn would cause the oil tank to over-pressurize.

I had this same problem. Do you think moving the oil seperator from directly above the hot exhaust over to the colder clutch side could be the isue ? Vipers with the seperator in the stock location do not have this problem.

This can happen to all the sr vipers with the current set up of the steel ball that creates condensation in oil separator which freezes, Mine happened 4 times last year and I'm located in the arctic where temps go to -60 celcuis (messy when it happens). When I had my fx nytro it never happened once (over 12000 miles) and I keep my sled outside most of the time. I think the nytro system is built right into the oil tank which is a better design, I wonder if you use a one way valve that can allow it to breath therefore removing the steel ball would fix the prob.

Back