• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fergdog93's 08' Nytro summer build project

worked on her alittle more to night, wired the whole sled, placed the tank, and the steering system, along with the new TAG CR II high bars and controls. Also got the head light assembily conected. Tomorrow I will work on the coustom RAGE pipe, and front suspension, along with connecting the tierods and setting the toe.

Here are some more pic's.....

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

frtcorner.jpg

frtcorner2.jpg

I see your white hood in the background :) Is this painted as well or is it the 40th anniversery theme hood?

If painted, would you mind share the preparing process, what type of sandpaper you use, etc. What kind of paint to use when painting plastic and so on. If you have some links to websites about the topic I would be gratefull :)

Thanks.

PS: the sled looks fantastic!!!

birkebeiner said:
I see your white hood in the background :) Is this painted as well or is it the 40th anniversery theme hood?

If painted, would you mind share the preparing process, what type of sandpaper you use, etc. What kind of paint to use when painting plastic and so on. If you have some links to websites about the topic I would be gratefull :)

Thanks.

PS: the sled looks fantastic!!!

No, it is not a factory white 40th hood, it was blue and I painted it. I had a good friend of mine help me thru the paint process, as I had almost no idea what to do. If you look on page two on this thread, you should find out everything you need to know about the painting process. Also, do a search, some other guys on this site have done some awsome paintjobs, and have pic's of the sanding process, they give great detail and is what I refered to for any questions I had. One thing I can tell you is, the prep work is deff. key if you want your finished product to look good. Its alot of work, but don't be intimidated, take your time....slower is faster.

Thanks man!! :)

Will do. Thinking of painting my Vector Mountain in a yellow, white and black Yamaha retro road racing bike theme. But it want be until next year/summer :( Just bought the sled....

Thanks again!

birkebeiner said:
Thanks man!! :)

Will do. Thinking of painting my Vector Mountain in a yellow, white and black Yamaha retro road racing bike theme. But it want be until next year/summer :( Just bought the sled....

Thanks again!

Man, a retro look would be sweet! I've always liked a good retro scheme, and the classic black white and yellow Yamaha would be cool! :Rockon: :yam:

Good luck to you with your build, I would love to see it when you do it! ;)! ;)!

Yeah, I think it will look cool :-o

I'll post some pics quite soon on how I would like the sled painted. I have done some Photoshoping, will post them as soon as I'm done and satisfied ;)

Ok, I did a pile of work on the ol'girl tonight. started in on the frontend, A-arms, tie rods, spindels, shocks, and front bumper. I also mocked up the custom exshaust, I'm looking forward to finshing that tomorrow. once I started to put together the body pannels, I was a man on a mission. I couldn't help but do the whole thing, however I still need to fill her with fluids, and I'm waiting for my blue hifax, exshaust doughnuts, a few rivets and push pins, I ordered them today and they should arrive in 3 to 6 days.....decal kit, hand warmers, and who knows what else is next on my list. I'm WAY ahead of schedule on this sled, I think I'll do somthing with the handlebar controls, as I don't like the black plastic, I would like to eliminate as much black on this sled as possibile. Here are some more pic's for you guys!

day4-1.jpg

day4-2.jpg

day4-3.jpg

day4-4.jpg

day4-5.jpg

day4-6.jpg

day4-7.jpg

day4-8.jpg

day4-9.jpg

day4rear.jpg

vents.jpg

mockpipe.jpg

mockpipe2.jpg

birkebeiner said:

Yeah, I think it will look cool :-o

I'll post some pics quite soon on how I would like the sled painted. I have done some Photoshoping, will post them as soon as I'm done and satisfied ;)

I would like to learn photoshop, this would be alot cheaper than building sleds! hahaha, at least it would help me dicide what colors to run....

Ohh man this sled is coming out nice!!! The yellow looks much better with the white body panels on!!

Way to go, man!! :)

Thanks!, I'm gonna have to get ahold of the boys over at Curve Indestries and see whats up with a set of white skis, with blue loops too, the stockers are teribile. I think that with the upper balljoint mod, flipping my ski rubbers, a set of Curve skis and toeing the skis in, instead of out should drastically improve the handeling of this sled, I really haven't had alot od issues with "push" in the corners, but next week sometime I'm taking her in to get studded, I'm shur she'll wanna push with 144 studs in her.

How long is your track? To me it looks like a 121 and if it is, 144 studs is way tooo much. All you need is 96. Ive only ever ran 96 and its works great.

Back