• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fergdog93's 08' Nytro summer build project

kinger said:
Dont bank on that adding any cooling what so ever.

Yeah, I figured I'd try it out because I have two of them anyways. They always seemed to help with the motors on my race quads. I dunno, it won't hurt to try it out I guess.

Hey guys, I have a question. I was looking for some input on my shock ressivoirs, origionally they where just the plain alum. body rezzies. First I wrapped them with plain white decal sheets, and placed a Yamaha sticker on them, after looking at them for the last month, I decided to try a Red Bull can to dress it up alittle more. Which one looks better?
rezzie1.jpg

rezzie2.jpg

Also, I've been making my own clear protective decals in an attempt to save the painted plastics. This is the first machine that I've painted the plastic and I'm not sure how it will hold up. I placed these in the high wear areas what do you guys think? do you think it will work?
wrap1.jpg

wrap3.jpg

wrap2.jpg

Alatalo said:
Go with the Yamaha sticker. The Red Bull thing is a worn out concept, close to everybody that had their sponsorship had all kinds of parts looking like Red Bull cans. Reservoirs, pipes, silencers...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, its been done and beat to death, along with Monster. I just kinda liked the way the blue matched. I'm gonna stick with the white backs and Yammi decal, I don't think I've seen that on anything yet.

Kinger, I just picked up these sheets from Factory FX, I get them for around a buck or two from my local race shop. They are 15 mill thick and real easy to cut to shape, the form good as well due to the thickness, just apply some heat. As you can see, you can get all different colors. I had to make stencels to get the shape I wanted, then transfer the stencel to the clear sheets, cut, and apply. Its alot of screwing around, but I think it will be worth it.
http://www.factoryeffex.com/shop-online ... gory_id=75

If you use couple of layers of clear coat on top of the paint itself, would you need the clear sheet?

birkebeiner said:
If you use couple of layers of clear coat on top of the paint itself, would you need the clear sheet?

One would think so buddy, and I did 3 layers of clear on all pannels. However, I wanted more protection on the top of the tank, just ahead of the seat where zippers are know for spoilling a paintjob, and where my knees rub and hit, flexing the plastic on the side pannels. I still trying to decide if I should do the lower end of the side pannels where Ice and debris might scratch and chip the paint. I figure I might as well slap some clear on her, its not snowing yet....which is a bummer.

fergdog93 said:
One would think so buddy, and I did 3 layers of clear on all pannels. However, I wanted more protection on the top of the tank, just ahead of the seat where zippers are know for spoilling a paintjob, and where my knees rub and hit, flexing the plastic on the side pannels. I still trying to decide if I should do the lower end of the side pannels where Ice and debris might scratch and chip the paint. I figure I might as well slap some clear on her, its not snowing yet....which is a bummer.

Good point man. Let me know how it turns out. I don't have good experience with these kind of clear coat vinyls as they get mis-colored after a while and they don't stick too well on the edges, especially around corners etc. It might be that this is a better product if it's same material as for decals :)

As I plan to paint my Vector as well, might be worth putting something like this on the tank plastic for protection if this turns out to work ;)!

Please keep us up to date with this :Rockon:

Back