• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fergdog93's 08' Nytro summer build project

Went and picked up my powdercoated goodies today and begun work on the sled. I got more done than I thought I would tonight, I already have the front bulkhead together, rivited the footholds, tunnel stiffeners, and side trim on, preped the A-arms and pressed in all the bushings & bearings. Here are some pic's of the parts after coating. I had to use the celli to take picks of what I have finished already, but I can't seem to find my mini SD adapter card to upload the pic's, guess you guys will have to wait. :moon: I'll get those up ASAP.
PCtunn1.jpg

PCtunn2.jpg

PCblue.jpg

PCyellow.jpg

I found the adapter! Here you go! Boy, I'm impressed with the clairity of photo my phone takes, but it makes the yellow look dumb....kinda like a canary yellow. hummmm.
Day1.jpg

Day-1-1.jpg

fergdog93 said:
I found the adapter! Here you go! Boy, I'm impressed with the clairity of photo my phone takes, but it makes the yellow look dumb....kinda like a canary yellow. hummmm.

This looks just sick, can't wait to see the finished build. Just wondering, why the white, blue & yellow theme?? Any reason, or just trying out?? :)

I really liked all the other white Nytro's I've seen in the past year or two, blue seemed like the right second color, beeing it is a yamaha. I decided to go with the neon yellow for all my 3rd color, just for some flash, I've ran the neon yellow on my race quads for the last 3-4 years, and really like it. It just pops, and I haven't seen it on any other sleds before, I guess I just wanted to be different.

Yeah, why not!! :) It looks amazing!! Look forward to see the finished build!! ;)! :pics:

How much weight does the powdercoat add to the tunnel? Have you checked?

birkebeiner said:
How much weight does the powdercoat add to the tunnel? Have you checked?

I have no idea, I never weighed the tunnel at all. I wouldn't think it would be much tho, I guess it would vary by how many coats you do. the blue is just 1 color, 1 clear. and the yellow is 1 coat white, 1 coat yellow, 2 coats clear. So I guess if you wanted to get down to the grams, the yellow would be heavier, lol, I really don't think the overall weight gain with the PC would be anything over a half pound, I would emaine less than that even.

Worked on the sled last night, started in on her around 12:30pm, I really had no bussiness doing anything with it tho, I was too tired and couldn't think strait. lol. The rear skid gave me a pile of trouble, so I called it a night. Woke up this morning and slaped the thing together in 10 mins,(its amazing what a few hours of sleep and a cup of joe will do for a guy) next on my list is to assembile the driver assem, track and skid. Maybe I'll play with it tonight. Here are some more pics for you guys.

A closer shot at the foothold
footholds.jpg

Tunnel stiffener
stiffner.jpg

tunnelang.jpg

The rear skid, ready for insertion. lol
skidPC.jpg

skidPC2.jpg

I think some Billet wheels are in order, the stock black one just ain't cuttin' it imo. What do you guys think of some oversized Yamaha 6 spokes, anadized blue? looking back I should have powdered all the rear suspention linkages blue :o| I would have liked to eliminate as much black as possiblie.....oh well, I gotta do somthing next summer I guess ;)!

Thanks Zach,
Kinger, there are 19 rivets, 8-10mm bolts, and 2-12mm bolts that hold the bulkhead to the tunnel

I got the rear skid all together today, and in the sled. I also got the motor in place and adjusted, now I'm working on the cooling system!

skidin2.jpg

skidin.jpg

motorin3.jpg

motorin2.jpg

motorin.jpg

Its starting to look like a snowmobile! I didn't have alot of time today, but I did get the oil resi, front sub, and air box on.

attsub2.jpg

attsub.jpg

Back