• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fergdog93's 08' Nytro summer build project

fxnytrortx3 said:
That sled is really looking sweet. Prolly one of the nicest sleds on the site great job man

Thanks rtx3, but I don't know about the nicest on THIS site. There are some awsome sleds in here.

Thanks alot Mike, I'm working on lighting up the vent holes above the footholds, and under the floorboards. I would like to light the rear skid along with the snow, but I'm having a hard time finding a good spot for the lights. I'm setting all the accent lights on a seperate elecrical system, so I can turn them on when the sled is off, and it doesn't drain my system.

finished the pipe, along with the cover/sheilds on the rear of the sled, I also filed her with fluids and started her up last night. Sounds good, should scare the neigborhood kids....

finishedpipecover.jpg

finshedpipe.jpg

I also feel the stock seat cover looks like #*$&@, I'll get going on a custom cover next week. Does anyone know if I can use a white die and cover the black on the stock seat?

stockseatcover.jpg

I picked up a Yamaha bar pad, I think this really finishes the whole handelbar area.

barpad.jpg

I played with some blank white decal sheets and the hand guards, this is what I came up with, maybe a couple Yamaha stickers and they will be good to go?

handguard.jpg

Man, I'm pissed now, first I took the sled for a rip across the lawn, I live within the city limts, and the police showed up! I blame my neigbors, but the sled IS stupid loud....I really don't think I'm gonna run this pipe.
Second, I tried to upload more pic's and photobucket must be down, cuz it won't work.
But on the up side, the sled is basically ready to ride. I think I'm gonna head to the next town over from me, Deckerville, to run the grass drags this Sunday, should be fun! :Rockon:

As nice as it looks now, I can only imagine what it will look like on snow. That is really a one of a kind makeover! AWESOME!! ;)!

Thanks guys, and I just got my decals today, I'm heading out to put them on now. I'll post some picks later tonight.

Oh yeah, I swaped out my stock track with another track with studs that my dealer is loaning me for the grass drags this weekend, we set up the rear skid, and changed the gearing. I was doing some practice runs in the front lawn of the Yammie shop and ripped my new blue snoflap off! Oops, I had to order a new one. :o|

ok, here she is, all decaled and stickered up. I think I'm gonna put in an order for one of those nice TY tuning fork windsheild decals with my username on it, I saved a spot for it on my windsheild. Also, I need to order some Curve ski's when I get some more cash flow, other than that I'll get a custom seat cover before the snow flys to finish her off.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

I'm still waiting to hear from G4 graphics on my Curve decal wrap, if I can get a good enough deal, and like what I see, I'll peel these decals off and change it up. somthing tells me this is just temperary....

I'm already thinking about other stuff to do, as I didn't think I would be this far so soon. Maybe some Trick Toys billet wheels (the blue tribal flames) or a different pipe setup. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Thanks, fergdog93

P.S. I'll put together a slide show/ time laps of the build process, I had another camera set up in one spot for the whole build and took a pic after every major part was added. ;)!

Back