• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Few questions

Snakebit

Expert
Gonna try to cover all this in one post. Hope I don't confuse anyone.

08 Vec LTX:

Bought at the end of the season. Only put 300 miles on it. I have not started it up since it was put in the garage. (Stabil of course.) How should I handle the rest of break in reference to the oil change; change it now and again at 500, or ride it the 200 then change it?

Also, very new to the monoshock susp. Any 'general' guideline on setup as far as when I hit the deeper stuff? I got it to ride pretty good trailwise, but I know things are different in the powder. Any tips would be nice.

05 Vec ER:

Lotsa work this fall. Replaced the junk oil tank, replaced the mounting piece for the snowflap (bent so many times it was breaking), replaced the skid for an RTX one;

1. Same situation as the LTX. My brother will be riding and I wonder if anyone in the 200 pound weight class can give mt some preliminary settings for the shocks and what not. He will ride it basically on groomed trails, and trails slightly whooped out at the end of the day.

2. Clutches have never been off the machine. I clean the sheaves periodically with a green pad, and blow out the primary with compressed air occasionally. What, after being run 5k miles should I definately do? Don't want to lewave bro high and dry. (Had the 'rattle update' done in 06.)

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I got the oil tank and the skid from this site, and an untold amount of tech help. TY is without a doubt the most valuable resource I have for my sleds.

Thanks

Moe

i would drive it normal as the first 300 are the break in milage. should have oil changed at 500 miles according to the book. i would check the rollers and bushing, and weights in the clutch. if worn alot, spring for a rebuild. imo.

Back