• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FI TURBO ADVICE NEEDED

adirondac blue

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Looking for info on how the turbo kits are working for the fi apexs. No ice racing this time, just trail riding and get into these king of trail shootouts. I see there are simons and powder lites for front mounts and mc and the new bender kits for rear mounts. Let me know real world dyno numbers and any issues(heat, lag, fi programers) Summer project on a 07 attack.

Adirondac Blue: I can't answer any of your questions about the injected sleds, but I have the same dual exhaust on my RX-1 as the Apex's.

IMO for riding Eastern USA and into Canada, I think a rear mount is not a good idea. It is quieter than the older style single exhaust, but still louder than all the other stock sleds.

Last week end I rode with a ZR900, 2 F 7's and 2 Ski Doo's. In low speed areas at 10-15 MPH thru houses etc. my sled was the loudest.

There is only so much you can do with an exhaust that is that small. IMO the rear mounts will all be in the mountains in 2-3 years.

Bender Turbo Systems folded, doesn't exist anymore.

Send grassracer2001 a PM about his true trail machine Full Power Performance 06 Apex GT rear mount stage 2, upgraded to 136" track that won 1st in the trail mod class at the Snowgoer / DTR Shootout this past December. 275+ hp on trail pump gas and Chuck has put quite a few miles on it on the trails this year and last, great trail sled.
Stock head gasket and hardware.
see pic below

Justin also just dyno tuned Mark Tangus's stage 3 Apex at DTR on Jan 7th . This was still with stock injectors and stock head gasket... This one is a trail machine using a race gas mix i'd bet though.
Quote from DTR Blog "with fuel management upgrades, began with 300 off the trailer and quit at 365 or thereabouts perfect for blasting 1/4 milers on the frozen Adirondack lakes."
I was told, unconfirmed, that this sled went over 124 in 660' this past weekend near OF somewhere. Maybe someone saw this.

http://dynotechresearch.com/blog/archiv ... r=2007#202

Also check out 1/17 with an RX1 (lake racer, no FI), but just to show Justin is making some real power. 420 right out of the shop onto the dyno.

Attachments

• FPP_Attack.jpg
    FPP_Attack.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 68
i have the cpr kit on my 07 apex and love it. I was just at a race in wi. Ran it on the ice with trail studs with no traction and still ran 121 mph in 600 ft, and thats with the boost set at 8lbs. That is all you'll ever need for the trail. anything more is a waste because you wont be on the throttle to long because you'll be being pulled off the seat

CPR on an 06 Apex GT...so far, FI has no problems, no plug fouling, pump gas, quiet through (modified-gutted per cpr instructions) stock exhaust muffler/outlets, and racing your buddies...ha ha! You launch right with them (no playing catch up) and instantly just walk away (actually it is more that that. It is embarrassing the farther the race!). While riding, the whole area around the turbo is cold to the touch. Lots of air flowing by the turbo while riding. When you stop, is when the plastic above it gets warm. I put heat tape around all the plastic above it, and the plastic is fine. I do have a plastic smell to it after being stopped after a few minutes, but no issues. No melted wires, no fires, no problems. Real sleeper! I am just dying to race more people! You can ride as tame as stock, or as nuts as a heavy mod. Great all around setup. ;)!

I also have a CPR on a 2007 attak. Three stacked head gaskets running 14 lbs boost@ 272 HP on 50/50 race and 93 pump gas. My sled is the on Dyno tech Research website. Since Dyno I have gotten the Air /Fuel mixture better and found some more power in her. Trail rode over 200 miles so far with out a hiccup other then the TORS, which I disconnected. I will talk more about it up @ old forge next weekend with you.

snowprophet1 said:
CPR on an 06 Apex GT...so far, FI has no problems, no plug fouling, pump gas, quiet through (modified-gutted per cpr instructions) stock exhaust muffler/outlets, and racing your buddies...ha ha! You launch right with them (no playing catch up) and instantly just walk away (actually it is more that that. It is embarrassing the farther the race!). While riding, the whole area around the turbo is cold to the touch. Lots of air flowing by the turbo while riding. When you stop, is when the plastic above it gets warm. I put heat tape around all the plastic above it, and the plastic is fine. I do have a plastic smell to it after being stopped after a few minutes, but no issues. No melted wires, no fires, no problems. Real sleeper! [b]I am just dying to race more people! [/b] You can ride as tame as stock, or as nuts as a heavy mod. Great all around setup. ;)!

you should come up to Old Forge next weekend to race some other turbos and superchargers.:)

I still beleive int he MPI SC as a great addition for a trail sled. Its something you still may want to look at lots of guys running stage 1 at 7 psi on pump fuel laying whoopins on most sleds.

I have both, still prefer my SC over the turbo sled, have you looked at MCX yet as well?

adirondac blue said:
Looking for info on how the turbo kits are working for the fi apexs. No ice racing this time, just trail riding and get into these king of trail shootouts. I see there are simons and powder lites for front mounts and mc and the new bender kits for rear mounts. Let me know real world dyno numbers and any issues(heat, lag, fi programers) Summer project on a 07 attack.

We did the CPR kit on an Attack 136 for trail use and it has worked out great, with a Bypass valve, my clutching, Ski Doo drivers, a 1 inch track and 216 chisel studs.
It now has over 1000 mile with nothing but smiles.

We are adding boost and wide band gauges to it today.

Ted.

Another vote here for the CPR kits. I've taken one customer's up to 14lbs and it is working flawlessly. We have another customer that purchased a turn-key 07 Apex from us (installed by CPR) and it is working very well from what I understand. We sold another kit last night that should be on it's way up here next week. The main reason he went with the CPR kit is that it just plain works - right out of the box.

Back