• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Figured it out thanks

it is usually cold i really noticed it this summer when i start them every week or so. it is probably nothing. i guess i will find out when i ride this winter

Constant starting and stopping isn't always great. Also these machines need time before you hit the throttle. Let it warm up for five mins or so. Like stated above, a possible plug problem also. I would get it serviced before the season begins.

x4 on the plugs. When you start the sled it will always run at a higher RPM for several minutes. Let it idle down to the 1600-1900 range before you touch the throttle. If you throttle it before it gets to this RPM range the plugs will foul. It will have the same result if you start and stop the sled prior to it idling down. I had this happen last spring... it ran like crap until I replaced the plugs. Since I have followed this logic it has run great!

The phazer motor is cold, and the phazer is on the rich side from the factory , and it will tend to flood er out when she is cold , it dont burn the fuel as well , (No heat)

I still have original plugs in there.I believe I am near 8000mi.Every year mine runs like crud till a fresh tank of gas has been run through it.

crapy fuel could do it. even with a stabilizer gas now adays( ever sence the intor of E10) goes bad in as little as a few weeks. ive worked as a small engine mechanic and seen the havoc E10 as had on carbs, fuel lines and other parts of the motor. i use to be able to leave my sxr all summer with out doin anything. last 2 years i had it i had to clean the carbs at teh begining of the season. same thing on my brothers vmax, his buddies' viper and and venoms. all have to be cleaned every fall.

try some fresh premium fuel and let it warm up to proper temp.

Check the throttle cable tension. If it is too tight it can trip the TORS and cause these symptons also.

Re: slight hesatation/bogging what is wrong

allenpoulin said:
my phazer has a slight hesatation or bogging when I first hit the throtle and I cant figure out why. Is this normal or what can I do?

If you're smart enough to know it needs to warm up before you throttle it... I would think you'd be smart enough to know that it's not normal to have a bog when you hit the throttle. Don't start a post if you don't want feedback and suggestions.

Warm the sled up 5-10 minutes. Drive it 5 miles on snow. Thats how you properly warm up a sled. Any sled is gonna bog a little after a 2 minute warm up on a stand. Geezus!

Back