• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finished studding my track

This is interesting,i ran the 1.45 exstreem max for 2 years now,192 inside and outside,but never felt it hook up once hard. And when comparing stud length,the woody 1.325 to my exstreem 1.45 was just a tad taller overall (woody 1.325 taller) funny thing I also had a megabite 1.325 and it to was taller,so I don't know how they measure the exstreem 1.45,but they are not as tall as they should be IMO... So my new track for next year,will be studded with 1.57 megabites 192 all on double plates on the inside. But I did not have any issues when I studded my 17 LTX-LE because of the silent pads,and don't exspect I will on this new track either.

Ya, the stud lengths manufactures use seem to just be arbitrary numbers. The megabites are far more durable than the extreme max studs. 1.575 woodys is 1.96 in overall length, gives you about 9/16th of an inch of penetration. You will like the hookup much better.

Ya, the stud lengths manufactures use seem to just be arbitrary numbers. The megabites are far more durable than the extreme max studs. 1.575 woodys is 1.96 in overall length, gives you about 9/16th of an inch of penetration. You will like the hookup much better.
Thanks brother,my backers were going to be woody double plates,like I have ran in the past with very good results. But the plastic double plates Mike Knapp ran look interesting,no nuts,to ever back out,do they last well,his look great still,i bet they are more money lol.

I ran 1450” Megabites in my 18 RTX winder this past winter....180/4 per row- outside too, all singles with aluminum backers...not one bent or pulled through in 1361 miles!!! They don’t even look worn one bit (all sharp with every single one still having a sharp carbide tip). I used the taller nuts that came with them...worked great!! And hook up was very good imo. And no scratches on tunnel or protectors at All!!

I don’t spin it(the track in questionable conditions that is), you do have to be cognizant of what you’re riding on with this kind of power...or you will blow them out if you’re going crazy in rocky, stumpy, crappy snow. If I’m on solid good snow...I’ll hammer it big time though.

I ride in N. Maine...so there is very few times where there is poor conditions, but if I do come across a rare occasion where it’s questionable, I will not spin or beat on it till I’m past that spot. Common sense is key.

Last edited:
It sure is pretty all shiny & new! Luv that color matching the rails.
The real "anal" guys won't even ride so they won't scratch their pretty backer paint or ever pull out a stud.

It's kinda like having a new pair of white Pro-Ked sneakers first day of school. You clean them, don't wear them in the rain, don't let anyone step on them until the cocky fat kid challenges you to a basketball game in front of the cute redhead so you have to get your new sneaks dirty just to whip his #*$&@ to get the girl. Then she dates your tall rich friend anyways & now you have a dirty pair of new sneakers & no girl. Now that they're dirty, you go fishing with the boys that almost destroys your new sneakers & you get yelled at by your mom for spending $15 on a new pair of school shoes.

The moral of the story:
Shiny & new is only good when they are............shiny & new

Wow agree but thinking you must type fast as I would think similarly but couldn’t possibly type it all before I was distracted by anything else...... squirrel

Just want to give a shout out to Rocker Dan for the studding info as I never studded a track before. I went with his pattern. I did go with the extreme max lower profile stud heads in a 1.40 length though. They dont come in a 1.450. I also still used Woodys backers with them. They do suck up nicely into the quiet pad so it shouldnt be a problem as far as vibration or tearing wheels up. But you will have some studs that wont be even in penitration because of the quiet pad. So if your big time anal, your still going to have to cut the pad down to get them all perfectly even on penitration. I know the painted woodys backers will eventually look like crap but I used them anyway. They look good for now anyway . Pic attached of result.
Thsnks to all that chimmed in on the thread.
Hi brian,what did you use to tighten them down,so you knew what the max torque they were being tightened too? I have always just used my old air torque gun,but today I am now in the busness,of finding a cordless inpact driver,but need to know what the max torque a woody goldidder should be set to. Pete

I tried torquing and won’t do it again. They loosen constantly. Took advice of old timer and bottomed them out. End of issues. That’s what the shoulder is for.

I tried torquing and won’t do it again. They loosen constantly. Took advice of old timer and bottomed them out. End of issues. That’s what the shoulder is for.
Hi steve,thats what I was afraid of to,i don't like lose studs,that is a formula for bad karma,lol… pete

Triggers for me have worked better than the gold diggers did .

Triggers are great on ice and hardback, but. Rocky and low conditions they suck , megabites are very durable lasts for miles, if I rode lakes all the time triggers ,trails megabites

Triggers are great on ice and hardback, but. Rocky and low conditions they suck , megabites are very durable lasts for miles, if I rode lakes all the time triggers ,trails megabites

I agree about the Megabites completely!!

Had them on my 06 Mach Z (X), put 6000 miles on them and they Wore like Iron.

Had them on my Apex, and they were Awesom on that sled too. Thousands and thousands of miles, and durable as can be!

And I put them on my 18 RTX too (180 of them)...1361 miles and they look Brand New!

Back