• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First impressions of my Attak on the trail

Plenty of snow down there?
Surprisingly good for this time of year.

Exactly. the nut will be easy to get...just push the boot inside. I adjust toe several times a season. But on a sidewinder, you have to remove some of the little tab locks to pull the boot down to get at the inside nut.
This is what I did before when I aligned the skis. Just couldn't get it fully seated (the boot) until I was able to see it inside to know I had in fact NOT had it fully reseated in it's grooves. :D

You'll get it at some point probably now. Have your hands been freezing? Mine have been toasty with Yamaheaters from Rock..worth every penny.

You'll get it at some point probably now. Have your hands been freezing? Mine have been toasty with Yamaheaters from Rock..worth every penny.

My hands weren’t cold but I literally didn’t think the grips were working at all. To the point where I want to check for voltage to make sure I don’t have some other problem before installing Yamaheaters!

Amazing how bad they are from a company like Yamaha.. there isn't a problem..just typical Attak hand warmers. Yamahaheater plug and play.. takes only a few minutes to hook it up. Have to take the windshield unit off ( two bolts on each side) and get into the boot that protects the connectors near the steering column. I have the boost combo which makes it real hot. Either with it on full bore or using the OEM settings ..

Last edited:
Why do you have to take the windshield/pod off? I can get at the base of the steering column and all the heated grip connectors by just removing the access panel between the pod and gas tank cover. I've done it a few times. :) I've heard this "boot" mentioned too, but all my stuff just runs in split wire loom and then distributes at the base of the column.

You can get at it but I find it's easier with the assembly off. see the picture attached. Only 4 bolts and its gone. You have to ground the heater to the frame as well. I use the bolt for the headlight assembly for that being I tuck the Yamaheater out of the way on that side ( left side as you sit on it) of the machine.
It distributes at the base but it must go thru the boot. If you don't have a boot then the connectors are exposed.. I would get another boot or make something.

Capture.JPG

Had the sled in the garage today but yamaheaters wont be here till next week. Don’t see why I need to pull the pod though.

Good enough.. as long as you can get to the boot and connectors inside. also run a wire for a ground to the frame some where. And find a place to store it securely. I have had it off so many times and also while doing the Yamaheater transferr from sled to sled ..adding fuse box for gps,electric shield etc. I'm probably fixed in the mind set of it all.
Originally Yamaha heater had switches to do a master shut off. Now now he discontinued that. Just small toggles. Not needed but I keep re installing one so I know it will run the warmers totally OEM when in off. When you don't have a master switch for on and off the heater will still boost the hand warmers. Not fully but depending on the bars you have chosen. I use both methods.
I never heard issues over the years on Yamaheaters effecting anything. Some worried about the stator but Rock did a test on the draw of the heater in the system etc. and proved it was safe if I remember right. Its been out for years now so. For a while there was many postings on it..now it's slowed down due to every one having them and moving on to Side Winder,etc.

As you know probably the whole light,windshield,speedometer,etc. comes up with just 4 bolts. And two electrical connections to un plug

Yeah your right. Maybe I’ll just pull it. We will see. If I can’t find a nice place to mount the module I will.

So glad I had the Yamaheaters on today... -14 when I hit the railbed this morning going from Littleton to Woodsville.. Carry Gaunlets but don't like to use them unless I need to.

Got 75 miles in today up in Pittsburg, NH. Sled really ran great. Yamaheaters are AWESOME. what a difference. Sled handles great and no issues. Just wish the drone was less. No solution I can find besides earplugs.

good to hear... did 70 miles yesterday from Jefferson to Jerico park etc. Love the drone I do. Love the engine breaking so much...
I was always a gear head.. hot rod guy... loud mufflers back when.. Glass packs we called them.. headers on my 350 chev's and 292 straight six Chev pickup..

I'm with you Cape. Although I don't ride it as much, riding my RX-1 with ECP Filter kit and Whiteknuckle QC-1 exhaust always reminded me of the movie with Steve McQueen called Bullit where they had the chase scene with his Mustang. And, I don't think none of my friends had cars without glass packs. What's that old saying from Harley riders...loud pipes saves lives.

I just love that RX 1 motor..man does it scream.... nothing like it's smoothness and power threw ...well up and thru whatever..

Back