• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Ride after first service at dealer

T T Bone

Extreme
Got to ride the 09 121 Nytro since the 500mile service. New skis and shaper bars are unreal. I cannot believe the difference they make along with center shock tightening. Very happy :Rockon: Now I have a gear driven sled though :o| Never made this gear grinding sound/ noise before? What the hell has happened? The dealer installed new hi-fax along with tightening the track. Changed the o/f plus the gear case oil.

already rechecked chain bolt, to tight but did not change noise, grease level, loosened the track one full turn, checked to see if the hy-faxs were to long? Lots of plastic on clips of track? Sounds like it is on the driverside also?

I guess no one has any answers? It sounds like a bad wheel bearing on a car. I loosened the track after the dealer tightened it and the noise is better? I cannot hear the exhaust but I can hear this gear drive sound?

sounds like something in chain case drain oil and pull cover off or take it back to them . They may have put cover on wrong or something .

You know what? I say take it back to the Dealer, maybe they didn't do something right. This way it will be documented and if something goes wrong, they know you weren't happy after they serviced it.

The problem with that is I live in Central Illinois and where I bought it is over 3hrs away. The noise comes from the leftside of the sled not the right?
I am going to ck the Hy-fax's I wonder if it is to long catching on the clips?

I think the track was too tight? I find that hard to believe but maybe? I will ride again tonight and see. I also found one hy-fax sticking out to far and I think it was hitting the clips on the track all the time. That is the buzzing/gear drive sound I am hearing I hope. All I know is I cannot stand the noise I was hearing. Hopefully it will be gone now? I will service my own #*$&@ from now on. Same case with my Duramax. Took it in for a cooler line leaking under warranty. Stopped for a week and is in the shop leaking again! Good help is getting harder to find every day:(

kingedwards99 said:
Re check the tension on the track! Is it bottoming out? then add some dampning to the front shock!

I have never heard the track bottom out. I was hearing a ratching sound under excelleration that is why I asked them to tighten the track. I also had them adjust the center shock tighter. The sled pulls and steers awesome. Just mad because I hear a new noise that I never heard before and they tell me thats common for a track to make noise when tight? Bull #*$&@. I would not own a sled that makes this noise all the time. I guess I will need louder exhaust to cover it up because I cannot turn up the radio :jump: Does any of you have this noise and listen to it everytime you ride? I didn't think so :o|

Did you cut off the excess slider material? I remember back when I owned a Vector and put in a ZX2 suspension, I couldn't believe the noise the track clips hitting the sliders made while running the track up on a stand. But while riding, that sound disappeared.

Does it sound different while going in reverse?

Grimm said:
Did you cut off the excess slider material? I remember back when I owned a Vector and put in a ZX2 suspension, I couldn't believe the noise the track clips hitting the sliders made while running the track up on a stand. But while riding, that sound disappeared.

Does it sound different while going in reverse?

I am not sure about reverse. I will try that though. I did not install the new slides, the dealer did that also. I am going to pull them back and cut a little more off. By loosening the track the noise got better? I ran out of time lastnight so I will know for sure tonight if its fixed.

I bet thats the noise they do make a lot of noise when the hyfax are to long . r Run it on a stand to find the noise . Before you put it in rev. make sure those hyfaxs aren't to long it will pull them right off if they get in a window

I took my nytro to the dealer for "first" service last year and it cost big $$$ then I got the sled home and realized it was overfilled and the filter had been damaged... looked like they used a pair of channel locks to tighten it... or who knows... maybe they didnt even replace it because they couldnt get it off. So I replaced the oil/filter and coolant after they did... if you want it done right do it yourself. MY dealer employs youth workers... obvj a mistake.

Back