• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride of the season!!

yamahas

Staff member
Tech Advisor
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Phazer RTX
Got a good snowfall. I was able to get the sled out and make sure everything works after changing my track.

New freeride is great! Sled is running great! bring on the rest of the season!

Firstride1.jpg

Firstride2.jpg

Lots of trees down on the trail with this heavy snow. We are going to have a lot of work to do with the club to get it all cleared again.

Anyone one else out riding?

I made it out for a bit last night. We had strong winds so there are quite a few areas that were blown clean, but that means there were outrageous drifts in spots. I found one in a grass field that didn't look bad. Got stuck, then found out it was more than waist-deep. Took a while to get it out. Still had fun! Can't wait to go again.

2012-12-20_17-46-17_756_zps82be2f57.jpg

not yet. might give betsy or dad's venture a run on sunday as my war is waiting on parts.

Took mine out for the first time yesterday. Bought it last year and only put 12 miles on it... I did find out it never got the cold weather start mod so it did not want to start at 0F this morning. and who ever thought to hold the battery cover on with metric allen head speed screws is an idot.

Wow you guys have way more snow then us! Then again I need a lake to freeze over before I can go anywhere.

looks like you guys had fun wish i could of takin mine out they called for around 4 inches here and we got a dusting i was so pissed when i woke this morning i wanted to ride my sled to work lol

We got robbed here too.They called for 15" we got maybe 5".Its a start.Need ground to freeze before trails open but had it out tonight in the ditches!Man the Phazer sure is FUN!

We ended up with more then they called for. We got 44cm's according to enviroment canada. That's a little over 17".

The trails still need water to freeze and frost in the ground but it was great to get out there!

RoicIND said:
Nothing here in Upstate NY....

We got a nice 6" or more today here in Central NY.

My 2 sleds are going back together in the am, neighbor said he'd be over @ 5 to lend a hand :o|
Still early & the ground is soaked from rain, far from froze here as well. Stay on higher ground.... Hoping for a quick rip or 2 in some local fields tomorrow to get in the mood again.

Looks nice guys ;)!

"Custom" 3/16 gussets & reinforced bracket on the new arm, all welded up and pretty again
001-25.jpg

Trailered 1/2hr away and got 100mi on today.Rode with a buddy with a SRX.He had fun early but was begging for a better suspension by the end of day!Sure was fun and I hope all you guys get to ride soon.Merry Christmas!

Ahhh,
back together finally and some local field riding today, the SPG float plate + A arm protectors hold some snow...

Another stuffed front end.
003-12.jpg

I took a little ride to gas-up the wife's Phazer this afternoon. The trails were groomed since my last ride Friday and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Here's a pic from last Friday.
IMG-20121221-00094_zps6d677ecb.jpg

Back