• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride with hurricane 300hp performance muffler flash

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Holly cow the 300hp tune is violent...lol
I decided to try out hurricane's performance muffler tune bundle using their trail muffler.
Only got out for a bit but got a good feel for the power.
The spool up is instant comparing to the sm bundle Ì ran all season!
I very impressed with this set up and can't wait to ride Saturday and see how it performs!!!
The trail muffler sounds awsome. It's close to stock but with a nice growl!!

I decided to try out hurricane's performance muffler tune bundle using their trail muffler.
I very impressed with this set up and can't wait to ride Saturday and see how it performs!!!
Yup, sure is addictive. I can't ride anything else with stock power now. Been so spoiled with these big tunes.

Yeah that has to be crazy power for the trail, no matter how big those trails are!
My little 260 hp tune wows me on the trail. It is a handful, but if I got a 300 hp tune I don’t think I could look back.
Enjoy your power but also keep it safe, you know, live to ride another day!!

Yeah that has to be crazy power for the trail, no matter how big those trails are!
My little 260 hp tune wows me on the trail. It is a handful, but if I got a 300 hp tune I don’t think I could look back.
Enjoy your power but also keep it safe, you know, live to ride another day!!
Absolutely!!!! even in stock form this machine needs to be respected!!!!

Definitely want to ease into these tunes. Once you get these sleds clutched properly for the power, they are a handful. I couldn't count how many Winders I saw when I was on our annual trip on Moosehead this year and I couldn't help but think how many inexperienced riders we're out on the trail on these. It really keeps you honest out in front leading the pack.

True Dat Mutha-Fukkahhhh!!.....(In my best Hank Moody voice)

These 998s with early spool tunes setup well become real animals, and you certainly gotta be on your game running hard. Schitt can go sideways very fast with this much power!!!

I do believe there must be a discernible throttle response difference between SM and PM tunes, Id love to run back to back a SM 270 vs a PM 270. I assume CAI on both tunes, but feel a CAI would simply work better on a PM tune.

Dan

Absolutely!!!! even in stock form this machine needs to be respected!!!!

Even as a seasoned rider, I myself got into trouble a couple of times on my winder! Definitely studding next year for stopping power, 0-60 in less than 2 sec but 8 times that to slow down. Studs are A must with this power

I think u just convinced me to keep my huricn trail muf lol

Do you need this kind of power? No. But do you want this kind of power? Hell yes!!! Remember you can always let off the throttle but once it’s clamped and you need more....not good!:die
Yes the power is freeken addictive. It all started with my turbo viper...lol You get the just a little more disease.

Love power , Love riding and Love this freeken sled!!!! This one is by far my favorite sled I have ever owned

True Dat Mutha-Fukkahhhh!!.....(In my best Hank Moody voice)

These 998s with early spool tunes setup well become real animals, and you certainly gotta be on your game running hard. Schitt can go sideways very fast with this much power!!!

I do believe there must be a discernible throttle response difference between SM and PM tunes, Id love to run back to back a SM 270 vs a PM 270. I assume CAI on both tunes, but feel a CAI would simply work better on a PM tune.

Dan
I am riding with a guy with the sm tune this weekend ill see if wants to play on the lake . Ì know Hammer's winder out ran my sm 270. His.winder is well set up!!!!
Curious to see his 290tune against my 300 tune 2 totally different set ups (129 vs 137, gearing, clutching...) but it will be fun

I am riding with a guy with the sm tune this weekend ill see if wants to play on the lake . Ì know Hammer's winder out ran my sm 270. His.winder is well set up!!!!
Curious to see his 290tune against my 300 tune 2 totally different set ups (129 vs 137, gearing, clutching...) but it will be fun
I can’t wait Marc this will be a good weekend for sure testing and riding. I definitely will bring my A game lol. I feel the 137 is going to out run me. But will be fun to try it.

Back