• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

Put the brown spring with a 325lb finish on it. Still can't get over 8500 on the 240 and 8700 on the 270.

Going to pull out one tip magnet. They are apparently 2.5grams. bikeman says on their 270 tune add a heel weight. Any idea why? I was thinking of pulling the tip weight and moving it to the heel.

I'm new to clutching but got the aaen bible this week.
I would remove one tip mag and try that, adding the wieght to heel only if you are over reving from start to about 30 mph, have used this style wieghts on 2 smokes and 4's keep playing with it they work. 4 hole ramps think of them as 4 mph areas to tune in, heel is 0 to 30mph, 2nd hole 30 to 60mph, 3rd hole 60to 90mph and 4th hole 90 to 120mph , i picked these numbers say if you were geared for 120 mph max, start with heel perfect that area then move to next untill you get to 4th, hope this helps.

Well I spin like crazy at launch so I went
4-2-2-1 for tonight. I will give it a try tomorrow on the lake.

Also running an ultimax xs belt, not sure if that changes rpm.

Edit also have had a few random pop backfires. Nothing like a BANG more like a subtle pop. It's kinda random when it happens and it's likely excess gas in the exhaust but have had about three of them in the last month.

Last edited:
Well went out with the 4-2-2-1 and still run roughly 8500 when it settles. I have seen 8700 and even 8900 but the 8900 had two red lights appear. So yeah that's bad.

Snow conditions were mixed, both loose and hard pack but both kept it relatively around the 8500-8600 range when it was moving a long.

That detonation light worries me though and I'm only at 240 and had a full tank of 93.

That detonation light worries me though and I'm only at 240 and had a full tank of 93.
My deto light came on as well. For sure both powertrail (270) & Max17 (280). Possibly Ecoboost (250)
After allowing boostane mix thoroughly is came down to 1oz per 10gal.
I only have access to 91 base.
Ecotrail & powertrail both allow for 87 in a pinch. But now I believe it's more marketing. Meaning, yes you can run lower octane. But no, you can't hold it wide open.

Just my .02¢

Well went out with the 4-2-2-1 and still run roughly 8500 when it settles. I have seen 8700 and even 8900 but the 8900 had two red lights appear. So yeah that's bad.

Snow conditions were mixed, both loose and hard pack but both kept it relatively around the 8500-8600 range when it was moving a long.

Rpm's too low with a high load will cause the deto lights, get some wieght off the ramps will help, try: 3,2,2,0 and see how that wrks, nothing to lose but effort.

Rpm's too low with a high load will cause the deto lights, get some wieght off the ramps will help, try: 3,2,2,0 and see how that wrks, nothing to lose but effort.
True, I saw deto light on my 2017 S/W when I started to dial in the TAPP primary. That TAPP came "set up" wayyy too heavy. Once I started to lighten the weights, the light never came back.

I will try that next but we are at -10 and I'm not keen on holding a tuned 998 open for that long. Plus I think I will have to pull the weights to get that 4 magnet out. I tried pushing it out with my Allen key and there is just a bit to much force to get them to move.

May try 4-2-2-0 first just worried about over rev and bouncing the limiter.

Edit saw 8700-8800, I think I may stop here. Pulling the heel weight won't pull it up by that much will it?

Last edited:

Back