• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fit and finish

So the 7000 and Viper motor will be produced in US by Cat to Yami specs? I understood it was to be built in Japan and shipped to Cat. Way too much conflicting info.

dfroster said:
So the 7000 and Viper motor will be produced in US by Cat to Yami specs? I understood it was to be built in Japan and shipped to Cat. Way too much conflicting info.
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time :jump: :jump:
Now let me ask ....Do you think that would really happen? Let me answer that....NO.......

I don't know what to think anymore. Doesn't matter that much either. I'm interested in the Viper and the 7000 but sledding thoughts are slowly fading away into hibernation until next fall.

As somebody already said, there is conflicting information and Yamaha needs to come clean about this long before production starts. Will the SR Viper engines be assembled in a Yamaha plant and then shipped to Arctic Cat...? Or, will the SR Viper engines be assembled by Arctic Cat...?

In my opinion, the answer to this question could be the deal breaker for more than one potential customer. I and many others could potentially live with a chassis built to Arctic Cats normal fit and finish. But a fine tolerance high performance four stroke engine...? Assembled by some butcher in Thief River Falls...? No way...!

Like I said we have to wait and see, I doubt Yamaha will discuss the matter, but I see the point everyone is making.

the engines are from japan, the exhaust,fuel injection, and ecm are added by cat. this is why it has the 02 sensor on the exhaust. this also means that it will be tuneable eg. fuel flow, timing, etc just as the cat turbo is from the aftermarket suppliers. with this setup, the potential for mods is wide open.

Crazy thread. It is obvious that Yamaha has given up the old fit and finish for a cheaper quality sled. Instead of developing a chassis to meet Yamaha standards they bought AC subquality chassis and stuck their motor and clutches in it. They wanted a cheap way to get a new chassis. Anyone check to see if it has a single or double chain in it to make sure it does not break? How about a strengthened tunnel to make sure it does not bend? These were both intial quality issues, plus many more, with this chassis from AC. Initial marketing spin from Yamaha was that they would be overseeing the production in the AC manufacting plant. Hah, alot of good that did with the fit and finish. What a joke. How dumb do they think we are? Thank goodness we can still buy the 2013 Yamaha lineup in 2014. Could be the beginning of the end for Yamaha if they continue to build subquality halfbreeds. ALthough, market research must indicate tha there is a market for them. Only problem is that the market does not include those who want Yamaha quality. 2015 will be a better indicator of future models. If they do not develope any new chassis, they will eventually only be an engine provider. IMO. :o|

What if Yamaha and ski doo got together......would it still be the same talk or no......
It's just two company's helping each other out that's it.......

You got to see more than blue guys........I was going to get a doo but this just keep me on Yamaha

"Halfbreed, how I learned to hate the word." "Lay your money on the ground." :-o

YamBam said:
"Halfbreed, how I learned to hate the word." "Lay your money on the ground." :-o
Old school Cher there. :Rockon:

Well All I can say is I hope they look a bit rougher since they are proto's but am not holding my breath.

YamBam said:
Crazy thread. It is obvious that Yamaha has given up the old fit and finish for a cheaper quality sled. Instead of developing a chassis to meet Yamaha standards they bought AC subquality chassis and stuck their motor and clutches in it. They wanted a cheap way to get a new chassis. Anyone check to see if it has a single or double chain in it to make sure it does not break? How about a strengthened tunnel to make sure it does not bend? These were both intial quality issues, plus many more, with this chassis from AC. Initial marketing spin from Yamaha was that they would be overseeing the production in the AC manufacting plant. Hah, alot of good that did with the fit and finish. What a joke. How dumb do they think we are? Thank goodness we can still buy the 2013 Yamaha lineup in 2014. Could be the beginning of the end for Yamaha if they continue to build subquality halfbreeds. ALthough, market research must indicate tha there is a market for them. Only problem is that the market does not include those who want Yamaha quality. 2015 will be a better indicator of future models. If they do not develope any new chassis, they will eventually only be an engine provider. IMO. :o|

You've nailed it exactly. The Viper is Yamaha's transition for exiting the business of innovating, designing, engineering & building sleds. Yamaha is following their auto industry business plan of simply supplying engines only. Yamaha marketeers are heavily spinning this sled to mask its shortcomings but the fact is, the Viper is a Cat w/a Yam engine, clutches & chaincase - all else is Cat.

Back