• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitting an AC skid to a RX1

Cilius66

Pro
Last year we fitted a 09 xtx under my uncls 2003 rx1, and it was a huge improvment. I cant really exsplain how big the differens is when riding on the trails and in the deep stuff. But it was alot of work fitting the skid, much measuring before we could drill new holes.

But I have read that som AC skids fitts in the front holes, and they are the moust difficult to find out where to drill new.

So my question is: What AC skid fitts under the RX1 using the stock holes in the front? 144,151,155 lengts.

It may be listed under one of the technical posts. From what I recall, other RX-1 owners installed M-7 skids in previous years. Do a search on the site and you should find references to past experiences with different skids on the RX.

Cilius66 said:
Last year we fitted a 09 xtx under my uncls 2003 rx1, and it was a huge improvment. I cant really exsplain how big the differens is when riding on the trails and in the deep stuff. But it was alot of work fitting the skid, much measuring before we could drill new holes.

But I have read that som AC skids fitts in the front holes, and they are the moust difficult to find out where to drill new.

So my question is: What AC skid fitts under the RX1 using the stock holes in the front? 144,151,155 lengts.

Most have retro fitted the M-series 153" skids into their RX-1 mountain. They used Yamaha OEM front holes - this sets the skid backwards so a 162" track fits. You will need new drop brackets.

Do a search to find center to center between front holes and holes in the drop brackets.

Thanks for the replays, I have learnd from the search tha the M-series skid like 141" wil need a 151" track when the skid is mounted in the OEM front holes. And that is the same with other M-series skid with different lengts.

Have you tried to run the 162" on the RX1 TT? Will the old RX1 be like a train with that track lengt?

Cilius66 said:
Thanks for the replays, I have learnd from the search tha the M-series skid like 141" wil need a 151" track when the skid is mounted in the OEM front holes. And that is the same with other M-series skid with different lengts.

Have you tried to run the 162" on the RX1 TT? Will the old RX1 be like a train with that track lengt?

Went 162" second year I had it. Love it for boondocking and climbing ;)!

I do 50/50 on and off trail so i think it would be too long, think il be looking for at 141" skid.

I put a 141 M7 skid on mine. I ran a 144" finger track for a while, a 159 x 16 Skidoo track and then when I saw how awesome a 16 wide track worked on the sled I went to a 162 x 16 camo extreme and loved it. Of course, I had to use rail extensions to fit the longer tracks.

Back