• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flatland Turbo

The MCX with turbo close to the fuel tank and a muffler is a great setup for trail riding IME

If I was to buy one, and I'm a flatlander too with a Apex Mtn 174 (I ride the mountains 3 times or more a year for a total of about 3 weeks), I would buy the MCX 290 hands down.

Nothing like dumping in Pump 91 and riding, no fuel to adjust if you do go to elevation, and you have 290hp anywhere

I've built, owned, serviced and/or tuned just about every boost offering that is, or has been on the market in the past 10 years.

Buy the MCX kit, have it properly installed, and then forget about most of the stuff that is discussed in this section. Your turbo will work perfectly right out of the box, and most of the conversations won't apply to you...

SXlover - please add your location to your user profile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

The MCX APEX 2011 kit is awesome , just be sure to check boost level at least once to be sure you are not overboosting ! 3300km lov the ride !

10000 km boosted, still going strong, I'm loving it.

i went for a small ride with him my 06 supercharged,and an 800 dragon at 60 miles or 100 km we topped up turbo 26$, mine and the dragon 33$ we all left full driving moderately agressive

Good milage , ran hard for 90 miles , fuel stop was out of gas , thought we where screwed !
Went another 29 miles carefully , ran out in the parking lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 199 km .

sorry to bust your bubble... :moon: .SXlover...but you do not get 290 hps from that unite...no one gets 10 hps per pound. :o| .if that was the case my sled should be 290 hps...but on the dyno it was more like 7-8 hps per pound...running it at 14psi and its at 261-265 hps..

Back