• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flo-Commander question. How good is it?

chrishall

Pro
Hi All,

I found this thing on the internet called a Flo-Commander. It is supposed to give you 5-10 HP gain by equaling out the air going to all your carburetors.

I drive a 2005 RX1-ER and was wondering if anybody out there has installed one and if they like it or not.

Another question. I used to have a 700 VMax. I installed a Tempa-Flow in it. I didn't like the fact that if you stopped on the trail for 10 minutes, you had to be careful for the first couple minutes because the Tempa-Flow was fooled into thinking it was warmer out than it actually was. Is there any quirks like this or anything else with the Flo-Commander?

Thanks,
Chris

Here is their website:
http://flo-commander.com/index2.html

They actually work very well, set one up on a 03 RX1, SEEM TO GET MORE POWER AND BETTER MILAGE. Not really sure about the increase in the #'s though

Just another way of FINE TUNING your Main & Pilot Jet. Kinda reminded me of those Dial A Jet's. They were not badly price back then, not sure about now.

Nice to have lots of choices 4 MOD's ;)!

You can set them up with filter kits too, but that I've not tryed yet.

Attachments

• rx1dual.jpg
    rx1dual.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 510
  • fzr600pods.gif
    fzr600pods.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 494
  • Ckng%201%20x.jpg
    Ckng%201%20x.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 563
  • DSC03470.JPG
    DSC03470.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC03471.JPG
    DSC03471.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC03472.JPG
    DSC03472.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 165
I would like to know more info on this too !!!!

This looks like a reasonable price, for the function it performs, the big question is if they truely make a difference ? I would expect a bit more on the 3 cylinder , simply because the Excell Motorsports exhausr was able to get beter number on the 3 cylinder so i'd expect improving the air fuel ratio to match the exhaust would go hand in hand........ wonder if anyone else has tried this and can vouch for the noticable benefit ? I'd sure like to try it with the Exhaust as a combo on a Vector , maybe get a few more horse if used in conjunction ?

Flo Commander

I was the original Gunea pig for the Flo Commander, those are my carbs and airbox in the pictures. Steve Kesselring is a very talented engine builder, tuner and engineer. The Flo Commander equalizes all carbs and gives them each the same air on the air bleed circuit. I have both the mains and the pilots on and noticed a very considerable increase in throttle response and even the tone of the engine changed. I am into high performance cars(NOS, blowers, etc.) and have a good ear for a "happy" engine and the the Flo Commander makes the RX1 very "happy". Idle is great and part throttle is awsome. You also gain the ability to tune by opening or closing the valves a little. I jetted up one size when I put it one and can tune for colder and warmer weather with a simple 1/8 to 1/4 turn now. I also added 4 TPI lowboy valves in the aircleaner lid.

loboy valves

the loboy valves are small adjustable breather/vents that are also filtered. You can open them a little or alot to allow more air into the box. Mine always seems to run the best about 1/3 open. These are from Thunder Products.

Re: loboy valves

Toolman said:
the loboy valves are small adjustable breather/vents that are also filtered. You can open them a little or alot to allow more air into the box. Mine always seems to run the best about 1/3 open. These are from Thunder Products.
>>>>
Does this create a lean situation getting more air in or more air in creating more h.p. ? I'm referring to an Apex efi sled. THX for the info .

air com.

how much is this item and where exactly do those tubes go or attach inside the carbs?

I was the 3 cylinder guinea pig for Steve as toolman was for the 4 cylinder motor. I can't really judge how much better than stock it was since my sled had 0 miles on it when I took off the carbs and airbox and sent them to Steve. But you really can tune the engine to conditions. I have to noticed a different exhaust tune than my buddies 120 motors. My gas mileage actually seems to be less than what most people are posting, usually getting around 16. Both the pilot and mains installed.

The website for the Flo-Commander is performance-design.net
The equalization of the carbs and the tuning ability is worth way more than the price and time to install. Give it a shot on anything carburated and you will love it.

The lo-boy valves may lean out the injection a little, and on carbs you just give it a little twist of the Flo-Commander and have at it.

I have the main kit on a 05 rage also put a ulmer stage 2 clutch on it have run it for 3 yrs gained 10mph on top 108 now also had it tuned on a dyno at time it was put in and saw no change in hp but seems to respone much better very happy with set up was thinking of the pilot jet set up but bought a 09 nytro now so working on that now

Back