• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Float 3 vs Elka vs?

Chewy

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Arctic Cat XF7000
So I have decided that I am going to ditch the float 3s on the front of my sled (even after a Carver rebuild/revolve) I just couldn't seem to find a happy medium when riding.

Right now I am looking at Elka stage 3 or 4 ( with them being in Canada a big reason).

What do people think of them? Is there another brand I should take a look at before I place my order?

Should also mention that I had my rear shocks revalved by Carver as well if that makes any difference (also updated to the 2016 dual rate center spring)

Thanks,

Chris

Which ones are you running?

They are 2013 xc cat sno pro rc2's with Hi/Lo. Never been touched valving wise just the normal adjustments. Which did take me a long time to get right. Settings are in FAQ RTX Suspension settings.
DSC00825.JPG

Last edited:
Love my Fox QS3s. Waaay better than the stock Float 3

Birkebeiner
Norway
2015 SR Viper X-TX

I went with the Elka Stage 5's all around on my LTX SE. Absolutely love these shocks from the build quality, performance, and looks. Prior, to these up front, I had the Fox Evol RC2's like Cannondale has. I could never find the right setup for me so I ended up selling them. Once you find the right setup on both, I'm sure you'll be much happier than what you have now.

Chewy being from Canada the good Elkas should really be the choice. Elka is Canadian so price should be right for you also.

Now the question becomes, stage 2, 3 or 4 ( 5 is too rich for my blood )

Honestly if you are a trail rider,you prrobabky will not have to much pre-load on the spring, so no need to slow down the rebound.....
The stage 3 are a realy nice for price

Built in CANADA not in china like other brand! ;)

They are 2013 xc cat sno pro rc2's with Hi/Lo. Never been touched valving wise just the normal adjustments. Which did take me a long time to get right. Settings are in FAQ RTX Suspension settings.
View attachment 123253

Hi cannondale27 I was wondering will these shocks work on my 2015
Rtx Fox Evol Float 3 New Fitment 2015/2016 ZR RR 6000/7000/8000/9000/
Some guy has them for sale near me
Thanks

Hi cannondale27 I was wondering will these shocks work on my 2015
Rtx Fox Evol Float 3 New Fitment 2015/2016 ZR RR 6000/7000/8000/9000/
Some guy has them for sale near me
Thanks
Yes they will fit and work well. They dont specify but if from a RR they wont have Hi/Lo though. If right from FOX they will have it.

Back