• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Float 3 vs Elka vs?

What's the going rate for fox float threes to offset the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if it's the going rate but I bought a set on ebay shipped to my door in very good shape for $200.

I got rid of my fox shocks and went with full Elka Suspensoin. I would highly recommend it to anyone

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20170704_173527475_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170704_173527475_HDR.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 152
  • thumbnail_IMG_20170607_094319503_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170607_094319503_HDR.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 156
Might be OK for mild trail riding....there is a reason 95% of all snow-cross races in all classes use FOX..

Might be OK for mild trail riding....there is a reason 95% of all snow-cross races in all classes use FOX..
Its more than OK for trail riding!. ELka is beginning in the snowmobile industry, it is just their fourth season officially doing it on sled . Snowcross racing .......=== Politics,Sponsorship program and budgets! The top one from each brand have both their up and down.....

Please don't compare FOX qs-3 and ELKA stage 3 not in the same game....

I don't see very many sr vipers in the snow-cross classes just sayin.

I hated my air fork Showas on my Kx250f. Eli Tomac can contest as he rides the factory Kawi and runs the kyb's. Add slap here to technology? Villapoto one countless championships on the air fork??? Air is a completely different feel and setup. I like the adjustment and feel of a coil. Dialing these Elkas in for a trail setup would be far more forgiving and provide an all around improved ride for the average trail rider on a TRAIL sled.

I got rid of my fox shocks and went with full Elka Suspensoin. I would highly recommend it to anyone
have stage 3's going on front and stage 4's in the rear hope they are big improvement over fox float 3,s

I am glad you Canadians have a option thats in Country and therefore affordable. Elka always did make a Plush well valved shock. I am biased though since I am USA and come from the ATV Racing world. Elka was and still is Huge in my area due to Jansen Racing who is a huge Elka Dealer in ATV world and he was with them since begining of company. Problem is way back then the shocks components were pretty much Junk. They put a O-Ring on sealhead that caused threads to be mangled everytime sealhead was removed. Try explaining a $80+ charge to a customer who expected to pay $30 for a simple refresh! This was by design and they changed the design so that didnt happen anymore but I still have two sealheads in stock just in case I run into one again. Other one was the internal rubber top out bumpstop. Also in the sealhead. I watched my Buddy a ProAm rider doing a big jump and was wondering why his suspension wasnt dropping in the air. Next lap he crashed in the whoops while winning the race. Bad. Took his shocks apart for first time ever and that internal top out was degraded mush because of cheap rubber and pieces were caught in the valving,shaft and piston totally blocking all passages. They also had rear no link shocks that the shafts snapped right off very quickly because of a sharp corner at eyelet and not being recessed into eyelet. This was 10years ago and I did see corrections to these issues since. But they were basic issues that never should have happened in first place. Axis(Penske) and Ohlins never made a shock that had basic structural design issues but you do have to deal with getting valving right on both even now. So just be careful. Its early like said for them in the Snowmobile world and pretty looks can be deceiving. I have not seen any issues recently from Elka so I really should give them a chance but cant forget the sight of my buddy laid out on the ground because of them. Is no denying the performance of the shocks they make. Hope they are successful and dont cut corners.

I am glad you Canadians have a option thats in Country and therefore affordable. Elka always did make a Plush well valved shock. I am biased though since I am USA and come from the ATV Racing world. Elka was and still is Huge in my area due to Jansen Racing who is a huge Elka Dealer in ATV world and he was with them since begining of company. Problem is way back then the shocks components were pretty much Junk. They put a O-Ring on sealhead that caused threads to be mangled everytime sealhead was removed. Try explaining a $80+ charge to a customer who expected to pay $30 for a simple refresh! This was by design and they changed the design so that didnt happen anymore but I still have two sealheads in stock just in case I run into one again. Other one was the internal rubber top out bumpstop. Also in the sealhead. I watched my Buddy a ProAm rider doing a big jump and was wondering why his suspension wasnt dropping in the air. Next lap he crashed in the whoops while winning the race. Bad. Took his shocks apart for first time ever and that internal top out was degraded mush because of cheap rubber and pieces were caught in the valving,shaft and piston totally blocking all passages. They also had rear no link shocks that the shafts snapped right off very quickly because of a sharp corner at eyelet and not being recessed into eyelet. This was 10years ago and I did see corrections to these issues since. But they were basic issues that never should have happened in first place. Axis(Penske) and Ohlins never made a shock that had basic structural design issues but you do have to deal with getting valving right on both even now. So just be careful. Its early like said for them in the Snowmobile world and pretty looks can be deceiving. I have not seen any issues recently from Elka so I really should give them a chance but cant forget the sight of my buddy laid out on the ground because of them. Is no denying the performance of the shocks they make. Hope they are successful and dont cut corners.

what speed do you see with that 25/45 gearing?

Back