• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

For BOSS NOSS guys???????

Black 1000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Where and how are your bottles mounted? I just got mine back from a bud and mines mounted across the rocker cover with the line faceing forward. I dont think thats going to work so well.

Thoughts???????????????

Thanks Kinger but your top is still higher than your bottom. I thought that your bottom was supposed to be higher than your top?

Black 1000 said:
I thought that your bottom was supposed to be higher than your top?

depends on the dip location. wish i had a pic to illustrate. the main thing is that the pick up tube in the bottle facesrearward and slightly down so when you're accelerating the liquid nos is being picked up and not the vapors. from what i hear some bottles don't have a dip tube,so in that case you'd want the valve rearward and down. moral of the story is to make sure you're getting liquid and not vapor out the bottle

the valve on top of the bottle (on most bottles) will have a tube that travels down to the bottom and either toward the front or back of the bottle to pick up the nos.

So.....................sorry I'm a little slow...............I keep the valve of the bottle slightly upward and the hose to the rear of the sled?

:drink:

mine is mounted to my steering post mount above the valve cover,bottle is horizontal with the valve pointed straight forward. on acceleration the liquid will flow to the rear of the bottle where my pick up tube is located. i wish i had pics, but i described as best i can

hey black i am having same problem.Not a easy mount on the bottle.Yamahajunkies mount looks the besyt to me,but you would need a dip tube because the valve is pointing up.What i am having a problem with is, if the valve is up but the bottle is tipped back, wouldnt the liquid run away from the bottom of the bottle on acceleration?

Last year I racked my brain on this for awhile. After mounting it sideways across the top of the head, it didn't take long to figure out this wasn't the best spot. But, my system showed up the night before a big trip and I had to find the easiest and quickest way to mount this thing. After talking to Boss Noss it was obvious the importance of mounting this thing upside down. The thing I didn't like about putting it were the tool kit is that if your climbing you loose your "angle of attack"...so to speak. So the only place I found to mount it the right way was to wedge this thing between the left front corner of the engine and the inside corner of the frame. After pounding on it with a sledge hammer...just kidding, it was obvious it wouldn't quite fit. But I had it my head that this is where it had to go so out came the sawzall! I removed the battery cover and then the battery and simply cut the corner of the battery tray, not affecting how the battery sits in there at all. Then I used just one of the brackets to hold the bottle mounted the the frame, easier to get in and out. When its clamped in it completly upside down, the bottom is slightly angled to the rear, even better. Only problem was I couldn't put the battery cover back on. With the ecp/evac and the way I have the nitrous lines run, the battery aint goin anywhere anyway, but I still put a small bunge in there to secure it. So far so good, works great. I haven't got the thing out of storage yet to take any pictures, redicules I know but we're still working on the Allison boat so the sleds are still buried. I will get some pics next week. :nos

Now that would be awsome. I also talked to BOSS and that is exactly how they want it. I'm going to have to think on this.

Would love to see the pics.

Thanks

Boss bottles do not have pick up tubes. Mine are mounted on the back of the sled with valves pointing down and back. You should be able to special order bottles with tubes in them.

Thanks Freak. You also answered my question on your site. Very nice ride by the way. I will have to remount my bottle.

Back