• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

For "ccasional" 2-up riding...which model?

Elypsis

Extreme
I do a bit of riding each year (usually average 3000 km) and am looking at buying a new Yamaha sled. The issue is being able to accommodate a 2nd rider (wifey) about 1 ride out of 10.

I've looked at the Phazer because of the dirty-big seat size but I don't know if 80hp is gonna be enough for the long haul. I plan on keeping this sled for a while. For that reason I'm leaning towards a 136" Vector (LTX, is it?)

Just wondering if anyone has one with a jackseat and what you think of them? Are they comfortable? Easy to put on? Pics of this, anyone?

Ski-Doo has a pretty good setup for people in my situations...but it's time to go 4-stroke now. :)

Looking forward to everyone's ideas/thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

The back half of the seat on the Venture comes off. Run it without the 2-up seat when alone, and then throw it on when 'da wife comes along.

Best of both worlds....plus, the 144" track will ride smoother and handle off trail pretty well.

The Jack seat on the 121's and 136's is ok if the other person is 125 lbs or less., any more than that it's a struggle. If the wife/ other is heavier than that get a two up sled. You may be well advised to try both Ventures with the wife before actual purchase esp. if this sled's going to be a long term keeper. good luck / jim-bobb

With a jack seat, the ride can get quite tippy. It makes the sled top heavy when you ride double. Plus, the seat is not too cushy, especially if you hit some bumps on the trail.

Yama_yooper's advice to get the Venture is probably your best bet. It's too bad the Venture isn't a rider forward sled and the seat is too low and hard on the knees. It's more of the old style sled. Great sled otherwise.

Back