• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

? For those of you who have changed your slides on RX1

I was just going to make a post about this. Mainly, the screws from hell. I've got about 4500 miles on my 03. The hyfax wore almost to the line right away, then stayed there. When you get to the line, you still have plenty left. By the way, I didn't temper them, but I did bless them. I had a red set, in my garage, for about a year, and decided to change, to get the red accent. They wear better if you age them.

I used the method that I read here, about pulling the hyfax out of the rear window, and running the machine in reverse. They ripped loose from the screws, thank god. The screws were in the rails to stay. I got one out, but had to use vise grips on the other one. It turned hard, all the way out. Even putting them in was hard. I finally ground off an eigth inch to get them all the way in.

To get slides into the narrow window, you put them in vertical, then turn them 90 degrees.

I have 5700 miles on my RX and it looks like the hyfax hasen't worn since break in. I carry my track with about 1" loose(hanging).

When I bought my new slides for my 136" upgrade, my dealer gave me 2 new screws with them. That tells you what he thinks about removing the old ones.

"I used the method that I read here, about pulling the hyfax out of the rear window, and running the machine in reverse. They ripped loose from the screws, thank god"

Yooper, I missed that post. What does running the track in reverse do? and is that AFTER you pull out old slides?

i had 3500 miles and probably could have went another 500-1000 miles.i couldnt get mine to budge.so went in from the side about 2 thirds of the way back on the rail and gently put a prybar between the slide and the rail and pulled the slide down and then out twords me .came rite out.dont try putting the new ones in this way :!:

Back