• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch confusion.

olivia317

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 FX Nytro XTX SC
Today we were out testing my RX1 and SRX700 for radar runs this weekend. The RX1 had a 49/41 helix w/Hauck VP weights and SRX700 had a 51/43 with Heel clickers. I switched them, thinking they would get back to stock or close to it. The RX1 rpms went from 10300 to 9500 and the SRX700 went from 82-8300 to 8600. Primary weights were not changed.
I thought the helix did not affect WOT rpm. What happened?

can you explain again you changed what to what? I would guess your start helix and finish is to steep for the RX1 and the weight profile and on the SRX you allowed it to easily pull the initial angle and the finished is flatter and gave you more RPM on the SRX.

I switched the RX1 helix(49/41) with the SRX(51/43) without changing anything on the primaries. Have since figured out, that does not work. The shallower the helix angle, the higher the WOT rpm and vice versa.

I switched the RX1 helix(49/41) with the SRX(51/43) without changing anything on the primaries. Have since figured out, that does not work. The shallower the helix angle, the higher the WOT rpm and vice versa.

Thats correct from what I can tell.. there are also other factors to be able to raise and lower those WOT rpms you just scratched the surface.

Back