• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Forum for Yamaha outboards

I used to have a 100 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. sold it and got a new 140hp Suzuki four stroke. I have to say it is put together well and weights only 54 lbs more then my 100. I'll have to see how it does this summer.

I have a 20ft deck boat that I originally powered it with a 130 HP Yamaha two stroke (V4). It was a great motor - always started, warmed up easily and had great power (much more than competing 140 HP motors). Traded that in on a 100 HP four stroke and love it in all aspects - starts like a car, 35-40% better fuel economy - (although I do not drive it as hard as I did the other motor), no oil, no stink and straight linear power from idle to wide open. And get this - it is quieter than many inboards !! Now if I could get enough saved for the new 150 HP four stroke.
By the way does anyone have the fuel consumption figures for the four stroke 150 versus the HDPI 150 HP two stroke - it would be interesting to compare.

Bob

Bigbob,

I love Yamaha Outboards but you have to take a look at the new 140 Suzuki 4 stroke. It has the Yamaha beat on the wiz bang techno stuff. I took mine out for a spin yesterday and I am overwelmed with the power and smoothness and it is quieter then the 100 Yamaha 4 stroke I had. I push my motors hard because I commercial fish and think this new Suzuki is gonna do good. Heck 3 year warranty, can't beat it. I paid $8123 US for the motor which included a 14" x 20 pitch stainless prop, control box, multi finction tach, hour meter and trim and tilt meter and throttle and shift cables. Try to get that price on a Yamaha. And get this the 140 weights 410 lbs. Lighter then a 115 yamaha 4 stroke. I have a 20 foot Aluminum flat bottom river boat.

Back