• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FOX FLOATS FROM AN APEX FIT AN RX1 ?

MEAT

Expert
My buddy bought floats for his Phazer thru Yamaha with their part # was way cheaper than getting them from Fox. I am wondering if an Apex float would fit the RX1 and if they are worth installing?

I think they physically bolt up no issue but they are different lengths and some experience issues with having to run them too soft or too firm to make up the difference I cant remember which one was longer.

the ones of an apex is 1in longer then the ones of my rx1 but they fit on an rx1 fine

This is from a trail front end (42") but its a piece of text I cut out of BETHEVIPER's garage post:

"My ohlins fronts I am not happy with but its my own fault. They are from a rx1 and are longer by 20mm. I can not get the front down any more and the sled needs to sit lower to handle better. I have to start trying some different springs, takes huge bumps great though."

I always swore the apex was shorter because they lowered the spindle height for the 06 apex.

Again trail version its possible the mountain versions never changed.

Back