• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

From ATTAK to APex mountain...

Rash

Expert
I want to convert my ATTAK to a Mountain machine with 151 inch track... What do I need and will cost so much I'd better get a mountain machine straight??

RASH

Attak is 136 isnt it? I think all you would need is a tunnel extension and rail extensions.

8 tooths driver (Anti ratchet is the best)
2'' inch track
7.5 inch extensions
Tunnel extension
and new mountain skis.
lower gearing (21-40 or 22-40)
New clutching
and a little handlebar Riser.

Then Donnes s'y dla marde

The problem you'll run into with the 2 track is that you will have to drop the suspesion down,and the remote adjuster will need to be lowered as well,as well the shock might not be sprung enough to handle the extra leverage of the 151.Linc

I converted an Attak into a "Mountain" earlier this fall. This is what I did.

-Apex Mtn A-arms
-Apex Mtn Spindles and Spindle Housings
-Hartman 151" kit (tunnel extension and rail extensions)
-2" x 151" Camoplast track
-8 tooth extrovert drivers
-Apex Mtn Gearing
-Removed all tunnel protectors

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=20172&highlight=

Does the mono skid work OK with the extensions? What about the approach angle? Don't imagine there are many log tracked mono's out there to draw experience from.

:yam:

Seems to be working good so far. I did 100 miles of ditch riding pounding the crap out of it before I ever took it to the mountains to be sure it held up. Have about 400 miles on it now with no problems (2 rides in the mountains total). Weighing in at 240 lbs and I am using the stock spring from the Attak yet. The approach angle is good and it really gets up on top of the snow nicely.

Back