• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front End Squeaking!!!!!

Bob Miller

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Present Sled: 2011 Yamaha Apex 128
My Warrior had an annoying squeaking coming from the front end, and maybe some of you have got the squeaking too! So I proceded to remove the outer front A-Arm bolts and bushings and put a waterproof grease on them, Well guess what the squeaking is still there :cry: So I was going to take the inner bolts and bushings apart and I did not like what I found! It looked very time consuming to remove these and I noticed that grease was oozing out of them anyway :roll:
So I bounced on the front end and tried to focus on where the squeaking was coming from, and VOILA!!! :shock: It was coming from the dogbones that connect the stabiliser bar, so I greased them with a spray lithium grease and no more noise :p HALELUJAH :D :D :D

Bob you my have saved me lots of time I have the same squeak and had intended on removing my a-arms to grease them up.I'll start there Thanks.

Thanks for the legwork. Mine is also making a little noise and I thought (like you did) it was coming from the A arm bushings.

Good job Bob!!! I will ckeck I have the same squeaking sound. Never think to check it out. (Later)

Sqeekinf Fix

Most common source for squeeking is the torsion bar links and only requires a shot of some good lube on the heim joints (links that attach the arms to the A-arms), no disassembly req'd but the lube you use will determine how long it lasts.

R

Mine also had a squeek when turning and it turned out to be the bushing in the steering arm going down to the tie rod ends, upper right hand side.

Back