• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front suspension setup

2006Apexed

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex RTX
2006 Apex new to me, new to sledding. I am wondering the best amount of sag in front suspension from fully extended with me sitting on machine. In other words, if front tip of bumper is xx” from floor with front fully extended, how many inches should it compress with machine on floor and me sitting on it? Measurments taken from floor to front tip of bumper. Thanks.

Depends where and what you are riding? I have an 06 apex mtn and run about an inch of static sag

So is the static sag with or without rider? I know it’s not the same for all conditions, but I’m mostly looking for a spot to start off from.

You will want the front arms almost level, usually on that sled you loosen the springs all the way then turn the adjusters just tight enough to keep the springs in when fully extended

No springs, the machine has Fox Float front shocks. So should I add pressure till the arms are level?

Not sure on floats, probably around 70 psi to start, you need to lift sled off ground to set pressure tho

That will give me a good baseline starting point. My Floats are getting rebuilt. One of them has reduced dampening and limited stroke...internally oil must have gotten on the other side of the chamber causing hydraulic lock. Thanks for the input.

Don't be afraid to try lower pressures, if you want it to handle good. I accidentally set mine with sled weight on them to 60 lbs, it handled alot better.

Back