• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frozen X-TX?

Y2GREY

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
79SRX440, 03RX1 stretched and aired out, 06ATTACK, 09APEXLTX stretched and boosted, 18XTX SIDEWINDER
Had a mishap on Saturday afternoon. Misread an icy bank on a creek crossing and took a tumble on the stock 2018 X-TX. sled landed on the right side in about nine inches of water with me holding it up. We got it out (nobody hurt) it fired right up and I rode it 10 miles or so back to the trailer. It threw a code when I went to check it it was gone. On the ride back everything worked, lights, warmers, reverse, helmet heater everything. Left it overnight in the trailer and yesterday everything is dead. No fuel pump no gauges, it will turn over. I spent the day warming it up, spent last night under a heat blanket. I've pulled and warmed the relays in the fuse block heated the ecu and been though every connection accept those on the ecu. Thoughts?
thanks for the help

ANY chance you damaged the kill switch button on the bar? IS that not on the right side? Or got water in it or cracked it? Like when you shut it off after your 10 miles ride did you use the kill switch or the key to turn it off.

Damaged TPS (throttle position sensor) also on right hand side of bars? Plenty of wires and a pin that needs to be in the correct position on that throttle lever

Thank all! It was the kill switch. We are back on the trail!

Back