• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying to decide X-TX-LE, L-TX-LE or ST-X

Yes it’s just the shaft. Atleast that’s how my mountain bike shocks are. You can tell they are coated by color. Gold iskashima coated

Yes it’s just the shaft. Atleast that’s how my mountain bike shocks are. You can tell they are coated by color. Gold iskashima coated

You can tell they're coated cuz the shafts are gold in color? Or the shocks themselves? The shocks on the LE's are a goldish/brown color I know that. But are you talking about the shaft being a gold color?

The shafts are gold. I believe there are gold body shocks available that do not have the coating but I may be wrong on that part. But a gold shaft means coated from my experience

Thanks for the info Bt.

No I don't believe the regular QS3's are Kashima coated. Only the QS3R's are Kashima coated I believe. And yes those come on the LE's and the RR sleds from Cat.

Here's a question I have, when they say "Kashima Coated"...does that apply to the Shaft of the shock...or the whole shock/Total shock?

The Kashima coating is on the body inside and out, its a type of anodizing that alows moly to be built in.

No Kashima coating is on the shaft.

Kashima coating provides lubricity and hard coating to the anodized aluminum and allows the piston attached to the rod the ability to slide easier and provide less stiction, at least that's it's claim to fame.

http://www.kashima-coat.com/en/experience/whats_cashima_coat.php

I found a 2017 137 LE with under 200 miles, medium windshield and a linQ gas can/bag combo for $13,800. Is that a good price or just average?

I see i has a $9700 trade in value on KBB, that seems low???????

These Qs3r's are just friggen amazing.....im psyched to finally have a sled with TOP of line shocks.

Front
IMG_9589.JPG

Rebound knob 26 clicks(bottom of front)
IMG_9590.JPG

Center
IMG_9592.JPG

rear
IMG_9594.JPG

rear
IMG_9595.JPG

I was looking and I found the full set of qs3r's for around $2700 so if there is a really good deal on and L-TX-DX I could always grab that and add the shocks if the price makes sence. Or the center qs3 as an add to a ZR 9000 limited for under $500. I wish there were more color options than the red or blue. Pretty plain.

I found a 2017 137 LE with under 200 miles, medium windshield and a linQ gas can/bag combo for $13,800. Is that a good price or just average?
I woul
I would think that's a bit high. Even though the miles are low it's still used and a year old. That sled could have been had brand new last year with a free jacket and three year warranty for 14,999. I would think you should be able to get it for under 13.

Back