• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Acceleartors? Hauck?

Well this just in! I did what Pat H told me to do by putting in a 2.1g heavier than stock rivit at the tip of the weights, and with the husher i did gain another 2mph in around 1000 feet but i still have that terrible hesitation in the mid range and its killing bugging me, I bet since i was getting 2-4 mph faster with my stock exhaust that i proably would get 2-4 miles per hour with the added tip weight in the weights. I did try the cos again but it didnt work, im thinking the only way to get the hesitaiton is going to be the accelerator or a boondocker, But honstley i don't think it'll be worth it! i really love the power of the sled stock it's fine for me i really just wanted a louder sled with the same exact performance if not better, it's really not worth it to me to by fuel accelerators, and boondockers when the sled runs good stock even better than when you put this slip on, on. Like i said i talked to Pat this morning before i got to try this modification and reminded him of the hesitation in the mid range and he said i was the first one he heard that this is happening to but i really doubt it! The only good thing that happend tonight was that i lined up with an F7 and XC700 and took them out of the hole by 4 lengths and left them further and further, i told them and my sled is'nt even running that good. By the Way My friend has a Yoshimura I'm going to try next if this sucks i'll go back to stock and hopefully let them redesign or come up with something that will work with the sled not against it!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!!!!! Happy Trials :Rockon:

Buell Exhaust and where the CO's

Hey guys I had and old Vance and Hines pipe that I use to run on My buell. It bolted right on and it sounds great! I have not driven it yet due to the poor weather. I figured I would ask you guys where I could locate those CO's in case I need a little adjusting. Anyone have any thoughts on just slipin on a pipe like this???

Daver Out!

1yamadog said:
Ya I'm having the same problem and I have the 10ek in now. I called and they told me I need the acceleator also. Told me they had one that they used once and knocked off 50 bucks. Came in today so I'll put it on tonight and let you know if it take care of the problem. Hated to spend the extra 250 though.

I Was Wondering if you got to try the fuel accelerator yet? And if it takes all the hesitation out of your sled? What i'm getting at is does it pull same or better than stock especially when you let off and gun it again? Thanks for your input :yam:

Accelerator works extremely well on this sled & gets rid of any lean issues anywhere in the fuel curve. i have posted this about a gazillion times but obviousely nobody believes me!

Well I've had some time to do some testing with the acceleator and its better but its not perfect yet. I called to get a starting point and that didn't take it out completely. I must have tried 15 or 20 different setting and at the end of the night I found one that worked the best so I'm close but still need a little more testing and know the weather has gone bad so wont be able to get out for a coulpe of days. I could dial in the boondocker controler alot easier and that made a big difference with all the stuff I had done to my apex. Only been on this sled a few weeks and I can tell its not as easy to dail in, Just seems harder than the apex, but I'm going to keep working on it till its right. But by next year I'm going to have nos on it so all this is kind of a waste of time but I can't stand the way it runs with Pat exhaust on. I do think Its faster though, My freind bought one the same time I did with the same miles only he is stock and I can pull a few sleds on him out of the hole and maybe a sled in the middle and close on top. Bottom line it helped but your not going to plug it in and slove all your problems without alot of testing.

Back