• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel economy.

gems4sale

Pro
Website
opalrough.ca
Have to give the thumbs up to the Nytro for fuel economy. I get the best mileage of anyone I ride with. Haven't driven with any e-Tec 600's. I don't drive trying to save gas. I'm normally trying to spin up snow for cooling. Have no problem with the regular tank. I've gone on 120 mile runs and don't spend $21 to fill her back up. Up past 4600 km's to date. Still like the Apex on the open trails.

I just ran my xtx bone dry in 82 miles ..
this was real hard mostly 3/4 to full throttle riding. I had it to the bar for a 8 mile stretch.

On hard icy trails yesterday I could see 103mph for flashes on the long straights. If there is a little snow I can't get over 98 MPH. 1.5 track 114 studs.
When I'm running out on the river ice riding hard I'm getting about the same as Turk. I have been down to 88 miles with only a drop left in the tank. To the bar pinned for long stretches.
I've only been driving parinoid once this winter worried about running out... I hate driving trying to save gas. I know all the trails for 200 miles around here and I can make it between all the stops without fear or riding to save gas.
If I was on ungroomed trails it might be different. The river was pretty well smooth ice when I got 88 miles for one tank. So in powder it would have been worse. The 120 miles on one tank was pretty fast riding on groomed trails but not to the pin every second of every straight. I was running around 3/4 throttle on long straights. Only pinning it out of the corners. So I was impressed with the mileage. I remember having to drive soft on my Polaris 800 to make it 100 miles on groomed trails. That really sucked as soft driving is not fun driving.

Hard driving and ditch banging I have gotten as low as 13.8 mpg now that it is broke in. When the motor was new I was getting 11-14 mpg. This last weekend in the michigan UP, I got 17 mpg. I like to feel the power so I have a hard time matching 18-20 in snowtrax magazine. Even with a 7 gallon tank, the 800 Crossfire guys need fuel before me if we are running the same. My old Ski Doo 800R got very simular fuel economy but it had a 10.6 gallon tank. I wish I had a bigger tank for high mile days but my brothers 04 600HO ski doo Gade ran out of fuel before I did on a 115 mile run

Super impressed with the fuel mileage on my Nytro! Wringing it's neck on or off trail or cruising nicely on trail I get good fuel mileage! Not that I try to get good fuel economy but the beauty of it is that one can get great fuel mileage without even trying! By far the best of any sled I've owned!

Back