• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel milage

snappy

Expert
any good comparisons of fuel mileage on the apex compared to the rx-1?

I just did a trip with a friend of mine who was on a 04 warrior and i was on an Attak. At each fill up we were within 1/2 liter of each other between stops. our traveled distance was 80 to 120 miles between stops.

I've run about 3000 kms this season with a friends Apex ER.

The RX-1 is always 10% better on fuel.

fuel consumption.....

I have an 06 Apex GT......A friend of mine has a 03 800 rev......we both filled up and went out on the trails........My low fuel light came on before his......we had approx. 90 miles on when my light went on....WTF>>>is that about?!?!?!? His low fuel light never came on?????? :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

My friend has an 04RX1 and i have an APex RTX. We rode in QUebec all weekend and he was consistently getting better gas mileage. I would say by about 5-10%. Another guy was on a REV600sdi and he was better than both of us

Re: fuel mileage

snappy said:
any good comparisons of fuel mileage on the apex compared to the Rx-1?

I found the Rx was getting around 15 to 16mpg

My Apex is around 13 to 14mpg

I think it might be the 10 extra HP. Some might think the EFI would help with mileage and from what I have read on this site it does not. Also I find myself always on the throttle because it makes you! :D and thats a good thing!

I just rode with 6 other sleds last week. A 04 Rev 500, 04 Rev 600, 06 Mach 1000. 04 ZR 900, 06 Firecat 700 and a 06 Vector ER. I was using about 1 gallon more than the Rev 500. Everyone else used a few gallons more. I never saw what the Vector was putting in bit it should do a bit better than the RX did. I figure close to 18mpg.

The only sled that was faster was the Mach, I was faster to 100 than he just pulled ahead a little bit. He didn't walk away. Half way through the week he put a clutch kit on and he lost some top end and it was very close after that. The look on his face after spending big $$$ to beat me. We swapped and I was not impressed at all. The front end felt too heavy to me. In fact he told me privately that he thought the GT was a better all around sled.

The extra hp argument only works if the motor is less efficient at lower thottle positions because of "tuning for WOT". This is probably the case to some extent, but it's not a requirement.

I would have thought an ideal EFI setup would be more efficient accross the board and make more power because it's more efficient.

When your cruising at the same speed on the same trails an RX-1 and an Apex are producing very close to the same HP. The Apex is probably producing a little less since it's supposed to be a few lbs lighter.

At WOT the Apex should burn fuel at a higher rate (less time per gallon), but it should also (theoretically) be travelling faster.

Re: fuel consumption.....

Apex GT Man said:
I have an 06 Apex GT......A friend of mine has a 03 800 rev......we both filled up and went out on the trails........My low fuel light came on before his......we had approx. 90 miles on when my light went on....WTF>>>is that about?!?!?!? His low fuel light never came on?????? :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

I found out the apex light comes on very early. what was difference at the pump?

Put on almost 700 miles in Quebec last week. My dad's 05 RX-1 took 1/2 to 2 liters less than my GT every fill up.

My buddy always takes a lttle more gas for his Apex then I do on my 2005 RX-1. He has also ran out of Gas twice, and that Fuel Tank is shy of 10 gallons, while I have put 10.3 gallons before in my RX. So I guess the new style tank on the Apex is smaller then the RX-1.

Re: fuel consumption.....

Apex GT Man said:
My low-fuel warning also comes on at 90-100 miles, but..... it still has almost 2 1/2 gallons left in the tank, as it only will take approximently 7.5 or so to refill.

Low warning light came on just as I got on the Magppie resivor north of Wawa ran out of gas 200' short of the parking lot in Wawa. Ran about a steady 60-70 mph down the resivor and across Wawa lake. Had about 5 miles of twisty trail in between the 2. The last bar never went of the fuel gauge.

My buddy has a GT and we did 600 miles of fast trail riding up in northern Ontario (Cochrane, Hearst area) and I typically used about 3 liters less in my Warrior at each fill up. Each fill up was after about 60 to 80 miles.

I have no idea on my RTX. My throttle is pinned most of the time. Can't stop it, it just happens, every straight away, every lake, its uncontrollable.

The only thing i know is that i have 2.5 gallons left when the light comes on.

Just back from another trip to Quebec on the Attak. Riding with two Rev 600s (HO not SDI). At slow speeds (40-50) they were getting about 18 mpg vs about 16 with the Attak.

At higher speeds (60-70), they were getting about 14 vs 16 for me. At top trail speeds (70-80) one of the Revs was out of gas at 110 miles. I made it to gas after 150 miles.

Now that mine is broken in (1700 miles or so) my fuel light comes on about 120 miles. Figure a safe 20 miles after that.

YMMV! These were on the excellent cruising Quebec trails. Hammering will definately lower these numbers.

Back