• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel milage

blackattak said:
600 was your son's Renegade a 600 SDI??? I have over 4000 km on my attak & when I have rune with the 600 sdi's they have always gotten better mileage than I (150 horses vs 125). Run with a buddy on an 800 rev & I always get better mileage than him. I usually get about 200 km (or 125 miles) range on a tank. Sometimes better if ideal conditions I have seen 240 km (150 miles) out of the 38 litre tank (10 gallons US). Sled is center studded & has 6" deuce bars on it, otherwise stock.

It is an sdi. I think they are actually only 118hp. Neither of ours have studs or anything done to them. 3800km on the renegade. No problems! After riding the attak for a long time, I jumped on the rev and I wasn't willing to get off! The seat is much more comfortable. The seating position is nicer. Going through stutter bumps, the front end wasn't bouncing all over the place. It cornered much better. I was confident going way faster on the renegade than the attak because it handled so much better.

12 average for me & 2 other Apexes. 14.5 when conserving as best as possible & still getting there. We all have 96 studs & 6" carbides. This was 3 different trips in two different states. We still did better than Mach-z & Fusion 700, but not alot. My friend weighs 100 lbs. more than me & got same mileage, but i'm a little more throttle happy! Octane seemed to make a difference, but not enough testing to be positive.

1st check this year was 16.8 on my 06rtx,its all in the clutching ,soften it up and see a big difference,clutch kit wound tight gives you a good jump but kills mpg,i have stock clutching except the front spring is a y-p-y and secondary is set at 50 for trail riding,set it up to 60 when i know im gonna run with the boys

snowdreamin said:
14 mpg would limit my fuel range to just under 130 miles wich is not cool.
My viper had aprox.160 mile range on a tank of fuel. :o| :o| :drink:

Take the white tube out of gas tank and raise fuel over flow hose up higher than top of tank (Handlebar risers). This will allow you to carry 3/4 of a gallon more fuel when filling up.

Thanks Grizzerly I did that most of the weekend.
Just got back from the U.P.the fuel range was never a problem (at least not yet).So far I love the sled 08 GT LTX. The ride is awsome. The milage has been between 13-15 mpg.Just need a 13mm sway bar now and all should be good.

If you run these sleds hard they will go through the fuel. I'm still equal with my buddy's 07' F6 S.P. Which I think is pretty good considering the H.P. difference. Can't have it all. However if your mileage is sinking or is much worse than last year, remember a few things. Idler wheel bearings, hi-fax, ski alignment, suspension set-up, gearing, trail conditions, all drivetrain bearings and most of in my expirence track clips or lack there of. These all play a factor in MPG. So if you want the best MPG you can get and you've got 2000+ miles on your sled, need to look at the bearings and clips, (hi-fax should be automatic) the driveshaft and jackshaft bearings on the clutch side are going to be the ones that are toast. I thing 16-18 MPG when crusing 40-50 MPH is about as good as it's going to get. If your aggressive, well you know it's only going down from there. Last year Doo 800 in our group ran out of fuel about 5 miles short of the gas station. I looked at my gauge only to see my fuel light coming on. Usually I would have almost half a tank left when the Doo was low or out. Couldn't understand what was going on until I looked at my track and all but one or two clips were gone. :o| Luckly conditions were good and no other damage was done but wow I never would have guessed it would have made that much difference. Makes you wonder about fully clipped tracks.

Two weeks ago i was in the u.p and i was getting 15-16 mpg. On the first tank of the season I rode 82 miles and put in 5.2 gallons. My sled only had 460 miles on her at the time. I was riding pretty hard all weekend on 6-8" groomed snow w/ 144 picks and brand new 6" carbides.

i run FITCH FUEL CATALYST,9" shaper bars, ultimax 3,no studs,i run hard sometimes and i get 15 to 16.5mpg or so on AVERAGE!!

Back