• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Poor milage after ecotrail tune

Thanks. I don't have an option to select retard timing, this log is from a ns1 gauge set. I'm not 100% sure I trust the afr value since I don't have an O2 sensor installed.

The graphed values I can show are on the screen shot. I do have a data log with numbers that can be read on a spreadsheet, if anybody is willing to look at it, I can email it. It actually turns out that every time I go for a run, it automatically data logs, which I just found out

What are you trying to see with this log you posted? Because looking at this log is worthless. If it doesn't have an A/F module I dont know what you are trying to see if you want to know about fuel mileage.

What are you trying to see with this log you posted? Because looking at this log is worthless. If it doesn't have an A/F module I dont know what you are trying to see if you want to know about fuel mileage.
That's fair. I guess I didn't think of that. I was honestly hoping somebody would see something blaringly obvious like timing being off, or maybe a sensor malfunction. I'll get the sled into the shop after the weekend and start problem solving

According to my log, the afr value recorded is 18.3 across the board. I have no idea where that value is being generated

Maybe my map sensor is shot?

Last edited:
That's fair. I guess I didn't think of that. I was honestly hoping somebody would see something blaringly obvious like timing being off, or maybe a sensor malfunction. I'll get the sled into the shop after the weekend and start problem solving

According to my log, the afr value recorded is 18.3 across the board. I have no idea where that value is being generated

Maybe my map sensor is shot?

The 998 does not have a O2sensor installed to read the A/F, so the reading you have of 18.3 is not accurate.

Thanks. I don't have an option to select retard timing, this log is from a ns1 gauge set. I'm not 100% sure I trust the afr value since I don't have an O2 sensor installed.

The graphed values I can show are on the screen shot. I do have a data log with numbers that can be read on a spreadsheet, if anybody is willing to look at it, I can email it. It actually turns out that every time I go for a run, it automatically data logs, which I just
Ok I did not understand. I thought you had the TD data logging and some how integrated to NS1. This data is not that usefull but kind of looks like you have boost and getting rpm.

After listening to you, your driving slow in warm weather, bad mileage, go out crack the throttle drive at least 50 mph or more . Right down mileage at fill up, then divide how many gallons you used at next stop. You can’t seem to digest the gauge and operation of the snowmobile etc etc, somebodys got to tell it like it is.

Ok I did not understand. I thought you had the TD data logging and some how integrated to NS1. This data is not that usefull but kind of looks like you have boost and getting rpm.
Sorry, just learning here as I go along. I'll be adding the closed loop in the next couple weeks. I was holding off because of the expense and because of all the people saying thiers haven't been working our having to replace the sensor almost out of the gate.

After listening to you, your driving slow in warm weather, bad mileage, go out crack the throttle drive at least 50 mph or more . Right down mileage at fill up, then divide how many gallons you used at next stop. You can’t seem to digest the gauge and operation of the snowmobile etc etc, somebodys got to tell it like it is.
Weather is definately warmer, I am definately driving over 100km/h quite a bit. The gauges are new to me. My known constant is the stock sled I ride with all the time that is burning 6L less fuel per 30L fuel up. Please tell me how it is? I'm sure you were all knowledgeable of how things worked without ever asking anybody on here for anything right?

Sorry, just learning here as I go along. I'll be adding the closed loop in the next couple weeks. I was holding off because of the expense and because of all the people saying thiers haven't been working our having to replace the sensor almost out of the gate.

Weather is definately warmer, I am definately driving over 100km/h quite a bit. The gauges are new to me. My known constant is the stock sled I ride with all the time that is burning 6L less fuel per 30L fuel up. Please tell me how it is? I'm sure you were all knowledgeable of how things worked without ever asking anybody on here for anything right?
Personally, I wouldn’t waste your money on the closed loop. Eco trail should get better or equal mileage to stock. Has this happened on multiple rides or just one ride? It sounds like it could be a boost leak if you’re boost is negative on the gauge most of the time, I would start with checking for leaks as it’s cheap and easy. I am not super familiar with the TD tunes, but the Hurricane tunes are making boost all the time. Like If I cruise at 60mph the sled is making 5-6 psi.

Personally, I wouldn’t waste your money on the closed loop. Eco trail should get better or equal mileage to stock. Has this happened on multiple rides or just one ride? It sounds like it could be a boost leak if you’re boost is negative on the gauge most of the time, I would start with checking for leaks as it’s cheap and easy. I am not super familiar with the TD tunes, but the Hurricane tunes are making boost all the time. Like If I cruise at 60mph the sled is making 5-6 psi.
I checked for boost leaks, charged to 18psi, took over 1 min to drop to around 5lbs, 5 min later when I pulled out the fitting there was still pressure in there.

Using more fuel has been all season, over 1000km. I'll dig into it more after the long weekend here, lots of snow, and lots of money already invested this season. I'm trying to balance riding and figuring out what is going on. When you start the sled you can smell how rich it is. I have a parts sled, I will probably swap the front sensors one at a time starting with the map sensor and see if that makes any difference.

Sled has been 2h away in a barely heated garage all week, it will be at home in a very well heated garage where I can problem solve before next weekend.

Yes,same thing with TD tune,makes boost at very low rpms.

I checked for boost leaks, charged to 18psi, took over 1 min to drop to around 5lbs, 5 min later when I pulled out the fitting there was still pressure in there.

Using more fuel has been all season, over 1000km. I'll dig into it more after the long weekend here, lots of snow, and lots of money already invested this season. I'm trying to balance riding and figuring out what is going on. When you start the sled you can smell how rich it is. I have a parts sled, I will probably swap the front sensors one at a time starting with the map sensor and see if that makes any difference.

Sled has been 2h away in a barely heated garage all week, it will be at home in a very well heated garage where I can problem solve before next weekend.
Ya you don’t have a boost leak. That’s a good amount of time to hold pressure. Seems odd that it would use that much more. That being said, rich is good and safe with these engines. They don’t lose power running rich, but seems odd that you’re using that much more fuel. If the sled runs and drives good still, might be cheaper and easier just to let it use a little more fuel vs chasing a problem.

Back