• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel mileage

This is my first Yamaha. So far I love it. Other then some darting issues. But I can live with that. I am wondering what I should expect on groomed trails for fuel mileage. I ran out twice between 105-110 miles. One trip I had 82 miles on and still had 14 liters left in the tank. So my calculations tell me that on real good groomed trails I should get somewhere around 125-130. Just courious on what others are getting for mileage.

Thanks

I just returned from a loose snow ride in MI and only got 12mpg, we ride hard but I was surprised it didn't do better. This Apex is new to me

This past week my son got 13.8 mpg on my Apex, my wife 16.1 on her Nytro and my 1200 Doo got 16.4. These are all US gallons on the same trails same day. The 1200 and Nytro are very close but then again I weigh 100 lbs more than my wife. Remember the Apex has 15 more HP than both the Doo and Nytro and HP will use more fuel.

My first Yamaha also, over 8000 miles on sled when bought, first 2 tanks I got 12.4 & 12.1 mpg on regular 87 octane, aggressive trail riding. Heck I was getting 11 on my XCR800 with carbs same type of riding, just slower in the corners lol. I expected more out of fuel injection. Will try premium next couple tanks and see if that matters. '03 RX1 I ride with always gets 14-15, I know we are both doing the same speeds! Any tuning advice would be greatly appreciated! Happy trails!

thanks guys. The last 2 trips out we are starting to see some groomed trail. I averaged 17 mpg both days. Some fresh snow riding and some groomies. This is imperial gallons. Thanks for your imput. Looks like I am right on target as the rest of you.

Back