• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel pump or something else

My 2008 nytro, was running fine today.
Then it shut down.
Got it restarted, idles fine, will engage throttle, and move sled, but as soon as I drop the throttle harder, to accelerate, it will die and shut off.
No codes on the display.
Is this fuel pump, or can the pump line be clogged ?

Yes.
I stared it up today.
Was able to move it forward and ride it. As long as I just get it above engagement speed.
But as soon as I drop the throttle as to accelerate, it stalls it out.

No. So I don't think it is TORS related,
I can lift the track off the ground. And run the rpms up as normal.
But it seems under load. It doesn't like something and instantly shuts down.
It was even idling ok, around 1500 rpm.
The only event that happen right before this happen, was it was running hot, we shut it down, then left it set a few minutes, started back up, pulled out, and went to give it throttle, and it started this shutting off scenario.

It did not show a code on the display, but I wasn't aware how to get into diag mode. So maybe if I look in there, it will have a stored code ?

Its at my friend's camp, so I can't check it now, but I'm trying to gather any and all help. So when I go back up, I hopefully can get answers, and try things to resolve.
Thanks for the help.

Any help on this…
update
i brought the sled home today to work on this further.
i started the sled up at camp, started right up.
ran it around for a quick tenth or two of a mile, ran fine.
put on trailer, shut it off.
went back about an hour later, would not start.
can hear fuel pump engaging
left it sit overnight
started up fine in the morning.
idled fine, could take the throttle up to engagement rpm
then, I tried the throttle again within a minute of letting it idle with no error light displayed,, and it just died out, shut right off.
would not restart
left it sit an hour, just cranked , no start
left it sit overnight, started right up in the morning again.
im at a loss…

Any help on this…
update
i brought the sled home today to work on this further.
i started the sled up at camp, started right up.
ran it around for a quick tenth or two of a mile, ran fine.
put on trailer, shut it off.
went back about an hour later, would not start.
can hear fuel pump engaging
left it sit overnight
started up fine in the morning.
idled fine, could take the throttle up to engagement rpm
then, I tried the throttle again within a minute of letting it idle with no error light displayed,, and it just died out, shut right off.
would not restart
left it sit an hour, just cranked , no start
left it sit overnight, started right up in the morning again.
im at a loss…
Pull the tank and check the harness that goes over the tank and check for rub thru. How many miles?

Which harness is this in the wiring diagram ?
and it is under the tank, so tank has to be removed ?
You really don’t need the wiring diagram. Follow the harness on both side and they will go over the tank. I have found rub throughs causing all kinds of issues before. And yes the tank will need to come off to be able to get a good view of it.

Ok, so I checked wiring harness, could not find any chafed wiring, I did find a bad wire tied to the battery for helmet shield, so I disconnected that out of the circuit.
started sled up cold ran fine, throttle response good.
shut sled off, fired it back up fine.

then I left it sit 10 minutes or so..
turned key, could verify fuel pump relay ok, just cranked with no fire.
tried no throttle, and full throttle, didn’t make difference
even tried throwing a battery starter on battery in case battery was a little off, no difference.

at this point , is it possible it could be vapor locking ? If so how do I check ?
I took gas cap off ,no difference

what about CO settings, should I mess with them and either richer or lean each cylinder settings ?

wasn’t sure if I could mess with the injector and coil settings in the diags with it warm ?
if so what should I attempt with the no starts condition in diags with the coil and injector tests ?

Ok, so I checked wiring harness, could not find any chafed wiring, I did find a bad wire tied to the battery for helmet shield, so I disconnected that out of the circuit.
started sled up cold ran fine, throttle response good.
shut sled off, fired it back up fine.

then I left it sit 10 minutes or so..
turned key, could verify fuel pump relay ok, just cranked with no fire.
tried no throttle, and full throttle, didn’t make difference
even tried throwing a battery starter on battery in case battery was a little off, no difference.

at this point , is it possible it could be vapor locking ? If so how do I check ?
I took gas cap off ,no difference

what about CO settings, should I mess with them and either richer or lean each cylinder settings ?

wasn’t sure if I could mess with the injector and coil settings in the diags with it warm ?
if so what should I attempt with the no starts condition in diags with the coil and injector tests ?
Take fuel cap off when you try and start it after it sits.

already tried that.
no go
i just drained fuel tank.
put fresh gas in.
would not start after sitting for about 2 hours
it kicked over, in other words, it briefly fired, then just crank and crank

should have pulled plugs when tank was off, but didn’t.
I don’t suspect plugs though

Back